Your Ad Could Be Here

Member Ratings, Topic Rating & Likes

Member Ratings

These are stars displayed at the top of your profile. Member ratings are awarded by other members. As these are displayed, and awarded, on your profile page, you'll want to fill out your "About Me" page in your profile settings and answer the questions in your profile settings about your likes and interests. Doing these things can only help your rating.

To set a rating just click on the stars at the level that you rate the topic.

Topic Ratings

Topic Ratings are displayed at the top of topics on the left hand side. Topic Ratings are awarded by members. They are a useful guide when you are doing a lot of browsing.

To set a rating just click on the stars at the level that you rate the topic.

If you go to your profile, immediately to the right of the "About Me" header you will see a number within a colored rectangle with a word underneath like "Good" or "Excellent". this is your overall like count within the community, as assigned you by other members and site staff.

How Do I Get Or Give Likes?

We award members likes for positive community participation. That means if you make a particularly good or thought provoking post, or you give someone an informative reply, or start a good topic, members will click the "like" button (at the bottom right hand of every post) in that post. Staff will also give you likes when you take an active part in something that is helpful to other community members. So, for example, within the Introduce Yourself board there is a topic called "Getting To Know You". If you answer the questions posed in the first post of the topic, in a genuine way, then when staff see that post they will click the "like" button and you will earn 1 like for each like you receive. Anyone can award these points, it's not just up to staff. You too can assign reputation points.

• Like 4

I don't think I've seen a star rating higher than that of 'ABeautifulVirus' - aka Mr Daren Thomas Turner whose current rating is 192 - well done, Daren!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Huge congrats to MODERATOR JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Like 2

& methinks that you are way more legendary than that silly dolt who signs my signature ;p

• Like 1

Huge congrats to MODERATOR JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thank you, Daren

Being a non-musician here, I keep expecting to be booted off the forum, never mind being made a Moderator, so I really am honoured. :)

(ps. I tried to post my reply with two 'smileys' but I got a message saying I had used too many emoticons - thanks for those!)

Jan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...
  • john unpinned this topic