Your Ad Could Be Here

Introducing Myself

• Noob

Hi, my name is Nathan Wilson, i am 23 years old(at the time of writing this) and i am an Autistic guy who aspires to become a Country music singer like my idol Lee Kernaghan, i don't know how to do a proper and formal introduction but i will say a few things about me. So i am a natural born Video Gamer(an interest that is sadly for me, slowly dying or ageing, you choose the word) and i like to entertain people through music and Video Game Commentary, i do YouTube as a hobby, that i am trying to turn into a full time job as i have learned that it takes a fair bit of time for someone who has no knowledge of how to play an instrument to get into the music industry, and seeing as my financial state is never in the state i would like it to be in i more or less find chasing my dream of becoming a Country music singer a struggle. When it comes to my YouTube Commentaries i use some profanity whenever, but i don't use extremely excessive  vulgar language, and from experience it seems me dying in my videos seems to be what i'm probably gonna be known for(been trying so hard to not let that happen). I have also recently just started to dive into the hardware side of PC, such as learning what parts do what and what features they have, etc, whether this turns into a hobby i'm honestly not sure, if it does then great, if not then "oh well". I also fancy astronomy a little bit as i find it interesting that there is so much we don't know and very little we do know.

Here is a lil bit more about me, copied from another page on this site: 

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? 

I can sing, but i can't play any instruments, at least not at a competent level

What instruments?

N/A

When did you start playing?

N/A

Did you teach yourself?

The Singing, yeah pretty much

2. Are you in a band or bands?

No

What is the name of the band?

N/A

What do you play?

N/A

What other instruments are in the band?

N/A

Do you have a band website?

N/A

3. Do you write songs?

Sort Of

Do you write lyrics, music or both?

Lyrics

Although i have a struggle with that most times

(Lyrics either make no sense but rhyme, or they make sense and have a meaningful story, but don't rhyme)

Do you have a writing partner?

N/A

4. Do you record your music?

My covers, yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

I don't have a home studio, i use a comparatively primitive setup

Do you use a recording studio?

I want to in the future, once i have established myself in the Country Music genre

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?

None atm, i am planning on releasing a song(assuming everything goes according to plan)

(if my motivation is anything to draw past experience from, nothing goes according to plan)

You said you do Covers?

Yes i did

Can we hear them anywhere:

My ReverbNation Page(Warning, i am in no way great, so don't go saying i am):https://www.reverbnation.com/nathanwilson1993

(Oh and a little footnote, i personally think my singing makes ears bleed. Yeah i don't like my singing, but i love TO sing)

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

N/A

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?

N/A

6. Are you a tech head?

Yep, i like to research techy things, sometimes i learn something new

7. What country do you live in?

Australia

8. What are your ambitions?

Ambitions

To become the "King of Country Music" or at bare minimum to become "The King of Australian Country Music"

(ok to be fair the only way that will happen is if ALOT of people enjoy my music and i pump out several #1 hits(look at George Straits amount of #1 hits, basically my ambitions are more than likely a dream more than anything else)

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I can't do any of those, story making, maybe

What are your pastimes?

Video Games, Stargazing, Singing to music(even music i can't sing at all(Like Heavy Metal)

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

To Be Honest, I don't know, i guess i'll have to wait and see

11.You mention you do YouTube  videos?

Yes i did

12. Can we see some of them?

Go For it, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC97S8blmoo85FPFbmapG-Jg

(Warning, Foul Language may be in a few videos, please refrain from viewing the videos if you find foul language offensive or hurtful)

TL:DR: Basically i am a dreamer and a geek with not much musical experience 

Hi

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for writing such a good intro!

Janeva

• 2 months later...
  • Noob
On 13/10/2016 at 4:57 AM, Janeva said:

Hi

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for writing such a good intro!

Janeva

No Problem, i figured a good intro would impress

• 2 years later...
  • Noob

I look back, 3 years later, and my interest in video games is close to dead, I have started learning guitar, I can play drums at a competent level, And I no longer release crappy covers on reverbNation, but I have started o experiment with making music in GarageBand.

Interesting looking back at that snapshot of who you were?

Lol

well, hopefully you might be active in between? :)

• Noob

Can’t guarantee that one mate, but if I need some help music-related, You’ll probably know about it, along with everyone else on this site.

Archived