Your Ad Could Be Here

I Need Some Help.. Some Advice.

Heres whats going on.

Were 2-3 weeks away from having our presskit done.

its looking good with a couple of reviews, 5 song EP, 2 photos, contact info. Bio, lyric sheet..

a button and sticker and past/future shows.

We have a street team as of this weekend and some hot chics that sell our EP at borderline and click-clack ( very popular alternative clothing stores in Toronto).

now 2 questions, would you recommend to put together an EPK as well? and why?

what else can we be doing for promotion?

what do i do to get more people to our shows!?

Thanks!

-Adam Rave

Edited by AdamRave

Heres whats going on.

Were 2-3 weeks away from having our presskit done.

its looking good with a couple of reviews, 5 song EP, 2 photos, contact info. Bio, lyric sheet..

a button and sticker and past/future shows.

We have a street team as of this weekend and some hot chics that sell our EP at borderline and click-clack ( very popular alternative clothing stores in Toronto).

now 2 questions, would you recommend to put together an EPK as well? and why?

Thanks!

-Adam Rave

The obvious reply would be, 'Why didn't we know about this here?' This is the first I've heard of it! Make use of any and all opportunities! You should have this in your sig! You should also contact John about a press release through the rss feeds! You can have an ad on the Songstuff front page! (we get an awful lot of people through here you know!) You should be plugin this on these (and other) boards! I'll buy your CD! I always buy indie releases from regular forumners! I'm sure there are others here who would also buy your CD. Get selling it man! The internet is a wonderfull place! Make use of it. :) Do you have a songstuff artist page? If you do, I'll make you the featured artist on the Songstuff Myspace page.

The obvious reply would be, 'Why didn't we know about this here?' This is the first I've heard of it! Make use of any and all opportunities! You should have this in your sig! You should also contact John about a press release through the rss feeds! You can have an ad on the Songstuff front page! (we get an awful lot of people through here you know!) You should be plugin this on these (and other) boards! I'll buy your CD! I always buy indie releases from regular forumners! I'm sure there are others here who would also buy your CD. Get selling it man! The internet is a wonderfull place! Make use of it. :) Do you have a songstuff artist page? If you do, I'll make you the featured artist on the Songstuff Myspace page.

I now have a sngstuff page!!

uploaded some music and got a pic up too!

in any case, I'd love to be featured if theres a way to do that!

Thanks!!

Hey

EPK, yes, but you can do it yourself. You have a press kit format, so it's pterry straight forward.

Have you read our Business Articles? they should help.

Main thing, build a mailing list. Have people at gigs runnin a merchandise stall and gathering email addresses.

Cheers

John

Thanks for the advice!

you know, my fiance and others sell the CD's and merch at our shows, we have totaly overlooked getting peoples email.

brain fart!

thanks man!

and I will totaly read the articles!

I now have a sngstuff page!!

uploaded some music and got a pic up too!

in any case, I'd love to be featured if theres a way to do that!

Thanks!!

PUT IT IN YOUR SIGNATURE!

ADVERTISE IT! ^_^

When is the release date of the CD? I'll make you the featured artist on that date! Give me some blurb to put on the MySpace page. Click the link in my sig to see what it looks like!

PUT IT IN YOUR SIGNATURE!

ADVERTISE IT! ^_^

When is the release date of the CD? I'll make you the featured artist on that date! Give me some blurb to put on the MySpace page. Click the link in my sig to see what it looks like!

Well, the ep was 'released' last october.

i tried adding your myspace but i need to know a last name or email address of the person who created it.. annoying :P

in anycase, any help is appreciated.

I'll provide you with anything you need :)

a press kit that is mailed out, or an EPK on my website.

Are you stuck for one answer? DO BOTH!!

Most AR folks won't listen to a presskit if it is not asked for so don't bother sending too many uninvited kits out. An EPK is good for browsers that want to know more, it gives a good impression that you have your act together, these days that counts for a lot. Back in the day they would find the talent swinging from the branches, pull them down and tame them. Today, they have more options so the more work you do before hand the better you will look to them. I would say an EPK is critical!! [smiley=rockin.gif]

on top of that if they see your website/EPK and contact you, you need to have a hard copy ready to rock [smiley=rockin.gif]

2 questions,

would you recommend to put together an EPK as well?

and why?

Hey - that's four questions!!

I can respond to the first two.

Yes, I would recommend an EPK.

Why?

Well, although it's actually something I have never bothered myself with before, believing that a web-site should in effect be performing that same function, I was in Toronto a few weeks back trying to hustle up some action on the booker/agency front and an EPK is what they wanted - preferably on SonicBids.

Don't know why it should be SonicBids rather than any other medium/format, but there you are.

Give 'em what they want.