Your Ad Could Be Here

Gee-tar Amp Recommendations

Right, I'm considering buying a new electric guitar amp for gigging.

I'm no guitar hero so want something simple, easy to use, some presets and effects but with ability to change tone manually. 50-100W, ideally quite compact. £250-£300 max (double that for $).

Any recommendations?

Right, I'm considering buying a new electric guitar amp for gigging.

I'm no guitar hero so want something simple, easy to use, some presets and effects but with ability to change tone manually. 50-100W, ideally quite compact. £250-£300 max (double that for $).

Any recommendations?

My suggestion is that you skip the effects for now. Look for a solid tube amp with a 12. It will be expensive enough without the add-ons. No matter how many effects you have you need to start with a great tone.

• 1 month later...

Hey

As a tranisitor amp I loved my old Peavy Renown 400. It's 200W and and hand you should definitely get one for that price.

Cheers

John

Hey

As a tranisitor amp I loved my old Peavy Renown 400. It's 200W and and hand you should definitely get one for that price.

Cheers

John

I have a Peavey Bandit 112, it rocks out with both my Pocket POD, and the X3. I love using my two wah wah's with it too, esp Slash sig wah. I would highly recommend it, then again.. what do I know :D My practise amp is a Line 6 Micro Spider, the bigger one's look and sound pretty cool too. The obvious + is the built in effects. Brand new I think the Peavey is £275 or so, second hand.. who knows?

DAB.

I tried a Peavey Valveking 100w but it wasn't as warm as I had expected. I went for Vox Valvetronix 50W combo in the end which I amstill getting to know but looks promising. A mere £199 too.

Unless you are some retro-tone-purist I would avoid tube amps altogether. Whatever you choose, a clean channel paramount. You can add effects later.

I have a Line 6 Spider III and It's quite cool, it has effects like 300 effects built in and I have gotten some really cool sounds from it, take a look at it Here

Its about £200 for a 75W but trust me it sounds a lot louder than you think, I actually had my whole street out of their houses and at my front door when i played it on full for 10 min but I do have a 150W XD

Unless you are some retro-tone-purist I would avoid tube amps altogether. Whatever you choose, a clean channel paramount. You can add effects later.

The preamp is valve, the rest is transistors

I have a Line 6 Spider III and It's quite cool, it has effects like 300 effects built in and I have gotten some really cool sounds from it, take a look at it Here

Its about £200 for a 75W but trust me it sounds a lot louder than you think, I actually had my whole street out of their houses and at my front door when i played it on full for 10 min but I do have a 150W XD

Your neighbours sound just like mine :D Same thing happened about three weeks ago, I had the iPod through my POD, connected to my amp, playing along with some old AC/DC [smiley=rockin.gif] I promised them it would never happen again, and whispered "well not this week anyway" 8)

• 3 weeks later...

This thing is the mutz nutz, I've been messing around with it since I got it. I can't stay away from it, completely blown away by it. I've never considered recording myself, until now :D I'll wait until my fingers have stopped being so numb lol The Peavey has her cover on again, don't think she will be back out for a while. Highly recommend this amp guys, I reckon I got not a bad deal it on too. All and all I'm over the moon, can't say the same for my neighbours [smiley=rockin.gif]