Your Ad Could Be Here

Guitar Care.

I was once told there are guitar players, and guitar polishers. I think I'm a bit of both, I really feel it's important to look after my equipment. I have various polish types in my cab here, and use them regularly. Gibson pump polish, developed especially for their guitars and nitro finishes. Planet Waves three step system, I used with my Fenders, and Adam Black electro-acoustic. Both do a fairly good job, and require lots of elbow greese. Last week I saw the Fender Instrument Care Kit, made by Meguirs for Fender. I thought I would give it a try, as it was only £15 for the kit. I brought the stuff home, and got my Tele out. I kid you not peeps, this stuff is amazing. As most polishes promise to remove surface scrathes and scuff marks, this kit was no different. Well actually, it is different. It actually does what it says it will, I removed a few small marks from my baby (she had em before I bought her new in April). It's another three step system, but this stuff does a fantastic job. In the kit they supply a small sponge, this makes a huge difference imho. No more annoying little fibres left on the guitar after polishing. I have now done three of my four guitars with this stuff, and I'm over the moon with the results. So much so I ordered the "Ultimate Kit" they are now discontinued as far as I'm led to believe, so I'm glad I managed to find one. If you're anything like me with regard to care, I can highly recommend this polish kit. It makes polishing even more satisfying, :thumb23:

DAB

To say I'm absolutely shocked!!!!!! Would be a big fib :D You don't strike me as the polishin type Steve, maybe it's just the hat dunno :P I got the small kit off e-bay, to clear at £15. I will post the sellers details here later for you, I need to buzz into town right now. I will leave a link here to the big kit, it's a bit more expensive (although discontinued now, maybe another collecters item in a few years time?)

http://www.igotmusic.co.uk/ProductDetail.a...99%2D0520%2D000

I hope to get it later today, or tomorrow. I love the little case, it will fit right in here with the rest of my stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-INSTRUMENT-CA...p3286.m20.l1116

There's the e-bay link, thought I'd dig it out while finishing my coffee 8)

DAB

Nice one Steve :D:D:D

I'm not sure if you're being serious Nightwolf :-[ But for the record I've done both my gibbys with this stuff, it's far superior to the Gibson pump polish imho. I haven't done the chrome yet tho, as both guitars are still very clean. I've played both this evening, and they sound just as sweet.

Also, that's not a case you get with the bigger kit. It's a license plate, fat lot of use that is. I actually feel I've been ripped off, not a lot I can do about it tho.

Edited by DAB

I'm not sure if you're being serious Nightwolf :-[

A good line of attack is to always assume that I'm not

till I ban yer azz

J/K I had to ban someone today and I didnt enjoy it much

have you tried Pledge? most players I know swear by it and it makes the frets slippery for faster, smoother moves

Are you telling me you would ban a dude with Wolf paw prints tattoed on his back? :P I've just spent £60 (inc p&p) on this kit, now you tell me pledge does a great job!!! :D I have never tried it, I've always used lemon oil. I'll bear it in mind tho, thanks for the tip [smiley=acoustic.gif]

Edited by DAB

I hear what you're saying typo, a few of my friends are exactly the same. I've been raving about this stuff to them, the level of interest is zilch. Although they almost always comment on how good my gear looks, I'm thinking about starting a guitar valet service :D

I have only four guitars at this time NightWolf, my interest in guitars reignited about 18 months ago. I have my eye on an American Strat in my local place, I saw her again when I picked up my new Line 6 pedal yesterday. So it may well be five in the near future, I'll keep you posted :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have cases (or at least bags) for all but the bass... And I'm planning on getting stands for them...

But is it really that important?! I can understand somewhat for the acoustics, as their bodies are more fragile, but why case the electrics, especially as I use 'em most days?

I understand why stands would be good, but they can wait until I have money...

Am I missing some huge pieces of info here? BTW, you should be aware that none of these guitars are worth much, except the JS, but that's the only one on a stand ion that pic...

An intrigued Rohan... :)

I was sort of kidding...but stands ensure you don't knock over fragile instruments. Cases prevent them getting dusty, obviously. Less cleaning to do. The fact that they are cheap wouldn't make any difference to me, they can break just like a more expensive one.