Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello

Hello

I'm John and I am a 55 year old lyric writer, hence my name. I am Canadıan although I have lıved ın a few other countrıes. My maın focus ıs lyrıcs and I have about 50 sets wrıtten. When I say wrıtten, I don't mean complete but ready to fınısh. I am lookıng for a composer or composers who are commercıally orıented. I can wrıte quıckly and can complete a set of lyrics ın as short a tıme as a week. I don't play any ınstruments and haven't wrıtten to musıc but am not afraıd of tryıng. I can wrıte lyrics for anythıng from happy dance orıented songs to serıous music. Thıs looks lıke a great forum.

Welcome. Good introduction, glad to have another lyric only personality. I hear what your saying about writing to music. Since giving it a go, I much prefer it to just writing lyrics alone.

My only hint is to realize the crits are honestly intended to be helpful. There are a lot of different genres represented and some very interesting styles. Have fun.

MP

Thanks for the comments. Actually about the feedback, I tend to filter the subjective about subject matter from the technıcal automatıcally. I wrıte about a wide range of subjects, so someone tellıng me that they didn't like that subject matter is interesting but not going to help that lyric.

Your comment about writing to music is interesting and İ guess the next step is to evolve through hard work and blisters to writing both the lyrics and music.

Thanks for the comments. Actually about the feedback, I tend to filter the subjective about subject matter from the technıcal automatıcally. I wrıte about a wide range of subjects, so someone tellıng me that they didn't like that subject matter is interesting but not going to help that lyric.

Your comment about writing to music is interesting and İ guess the next step is to evolve through hard work and blisters to writing both the lyrics and music.

I didn't care much for the subject matter of this post, but Welcome to Songstuff [smiley=bounce.gif]