Your Ad Could Be Here

Making Of Awaken Clip

Later this week I'll start work on the final version of the video for John's Awaken song (it's on his myspace).

John liked the 'demo version', so to speak - so it's now time to work out those ideas and turn them into more convincing animations etc.

Since there's been a few requests about storyboards and how it all works from scratch I will be going through the steps one by one, frow sketching the storyboard and using those scanned pictures as dummies in a project, bringing in each sequence from its workbench once finally rendered.

Will keep you guys posted.

Hey

Nice one! :) Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing the breakdown of how you put it together.

John

Looking forward to it [smiley=bounce.gif]

Here's a pretty simple sketch (I can't draw, and have pretty awesomely bad handwriting when it's just private doodling :P)

The storyline is pretty simple and weird, so you can do whatever you like, really - about some extradimensional visitor/tourist with superpowers looking like a cross between the Eye in the Sky and some real alien. He arrives via fiery portal and all and hops about the solar system, playing a bit of mayhem everywhere, until he gets knocked out by a sattelite by accident (poetic justice) and goes down in flames to earth and makes some massive explosion. Pretty ridiculous storywise, but I hope to make it look a bit good, at least. (pics are in rough order here, and is frankly not really strict due to its nature, or lack of real linear story).

sketchboard.jpg

interesting! :)

Well it's all pretty silly, but it's not for nothing sf movies have always been directors favourites - you can fake just about everything.

If I were to redo The Ten Commandments for this, I'd have to rethink my budget. :P

Here's the demo version I showed to John earlier, it's *very* rudimentary, and has very little to no FX, and Premiere isn't very good at them - but has a few of the basic ideas :)

http://roflcopter.eu/dump/awakenplayer2.html

Thanks, everyone - glad you like it so far ^_^

I used Adobe Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements - and there's a few tricks you can do with that combination that aren't even used here, and that's really the bees knees if you don't have all the high-end stuff - there is a special inbetween format that allows for some awesome fx editing.... will make a special tutorial on that one... :)

Hey

It's looking good. :)

Cheers

John