Your Ad Could Be Here

Simple Green Screen Stuff

Green screening (or blue) is a technique that lets you remove the background in a video and put in another one, because the original background was one colour (hopefully). The idea is to find a screen that is as close to pure green (00FF00) or blue (0000FF). That way, if the person at least is not wearing any of those colours, his skin will not 'merge' with the background when you remove that colour from the picture - because that is basically what you do - removing a single colour, with a sensitivity slider so you can do it quite precisely.

Here's a simple home-spun version shot yesterday with just a blue/greenish wall (far from perfect), and my son with a didgeredoo. So I pasted in Uluru in the background, of couse.

Hope this shows the idea, and gives you some - as you can see you hardly need anything for it.

http://roflcopter.eu/dump/tjeerd_player.html

Since simple green is a popular cleaner, i thought this post was about cleaning your monitor LOL

Your son must bee wearing blue pants as well eh?

Hey

Looks good Rob. So wardrobe choice is key :D

Cheers

John

Yes, that helps. The background screen should ideally be just one colour, as pure as you can find it. That way the selection process is doable. :)

You really want contrast. If you would be doing say blue-metallic spaceship models, you could actually prefer a *red* background screen, and paint in the starry background later - that is *not* black at all, and even if it would be, it's not as good a contrast for dark-blue.

BTW do not be fooled by how simplistic my example was - with the right tools it's amazingly powerful - you'd never think this clip was all done in that way: :worship2:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/on...ll/3d_world.php

BTW do not be fooled by how simplistic my example was - with the right tools it's amazingly powerful - you'd never think this clip was all done in that way: :worship2:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/on...ll/3d_world.php

Excellent stuff. I wonder how long that took to do.

Ofcourse, with After Effects tossed into the equation, what you can do with a greenscreen becomes even more interesting: :)

Lots of nice ideas in this Rob. Impressive what you can do on a home PC these days.

When you watch these can you easily tell which prog different bits of the film were done with?