Your Ad Could Be Here

Cakewalk Guitar Tracks 2

Anyone done any recording with this programme? If so, what do you think of it?

Anyone know how to  use the drum tracks properly? ???

• 2 weeks later...

I use cakewlak Sonar if that's any use? I've been a long time user of Cakewalk, so I might be able to help...

John

Well, I'm a novice at the recording game but I find this programme quite easy to use. You can only get demo quliaty recordings but I am a simple soul and this is quite enough for me.

I use an acoustic and lead guitar, occasional bass and vocals with harmonies - rarely more than 5 tracks. But I'd like to add drums. The programme comes with preset drum loops but each is only a few bars long. How do I line up the track to the appropriate point in the song and how do I repeat the loop to last the whole song? If this is not a feature of your programme feel free not to answer.

Thanks

Alistair

Hey Alistair

Ok, I'm not sure for that particular prog, but I'll find out and get back to you!

Cheers

John

Hey (that was quick)

It look a bit like sonar. That being the case, just copy and paste the samples. Easy as that. Just insert a single loop (remember and match the tempo if it's an audio loop), select the track to paste to, place the play cursor where you want the pasted part to start and then paste.

Cheers

John

Al...got the program as a free demo and fell in love with it so bought the disk.problem here is after installing the disk i can't get it to work without crashing my puter so i just use the effects and tuner off it with my old cwhome7...anyway theres a tutorial in the start of the  help section that will get you doing the drum loops.Theres a box called a snap to grid you need to click before dragging or pasting the clips in order to have them fall in order and not overlap or leave holes in your track.Elsewise it's like was said pretty simple.Just mess with it a bit and you'll get the hang of it.theres also a single bass kick and crash i believe for your ending.