Your Ad Could Be Here

It's Raining In Sunny California

Jeanie

Hello from "sunny" California! My name is Jeanie, and I'm a recovering...

Oops... wrong forum...

My name really is Jeanie, and I've been writing songs since I was 12 years old. Both my parents are musicians, and music is pretty much all I've ever wanted to do for as long as I can remember. My life as a performer was interrupted for a few years by motherhood and a divorce, but I'm coming out the other side now and anxious to get that part of my life back somehow, even if my "performing" is via recording... that would be okay.

I started playing in bands around age 16 and pretty much didn't stop until it became an impossibility due to family obligations after the birth of my son in 2001. Styles ranged from folk-rock to a sort of progressive-gospel-rock thing to country rock... sometimes playing covers, sometimes doing originals. The goal was always to be able to do my own music, but a cover of a good tune is never beneath me :) I appreciate good songwriting, and I enjoy the challenge of trying to put some kind of personal touch to someone else's song.

A few of my songs have made it onto CD's but nothing with wide release. You can visit my myspace if you would like to hear a few of my tunes: http://www.myspace.com/jeanieflowers or if you go to SoundClick I think there are even more songs on there: http://www.soundclick.com/jeanieflowers

Virtually every band I was ever in was with my now ex-husband, so I am looking forward to finding my own voice again. I know it's there.

I look forward to getting to know you, and hopefully it will be a mutually beneficial relationship :)

Hello from "sunny" California! My name is Jeanie, and I'm a recovering...

Oops... wrong forum...

My name really is Jeanie, and I've been writing songs since I was 12 years old. Both my parents are musicians, and music is pretty much all I've ever wanted to do for as long as I can remember. My life as a performer was interrupted for a few years by motherhood and a divorce, but I'm coming out the other side now and anxious to get that part of my life back somehow, even if my "performing" is via recording... that would be okay.

I started playing in bands around age 16 and pretty much didn't stop until it became an impossibility due to family obligations after the birth of my son in 2001. Styles ranged from folk-rock to a sort of progressive-gospel-rock thing to country rock... sometimes playing covers, sometimes doing originals. The goal was always to be able to do my own music, but a cover of a good tune is never beneath me smile.gif I appreciate good songwriting, and I enjoy the challenge of trying to put some kind of personal touch to someone else's song.

A few of my songs have made it onto CD's but nothing with wide release. You can visit my myspace if you would like to hear a few of my tunes: http://www.myspace.com/jeanieflowers or if you go to SoundClick I think there are even more songs on there: http://www.soundclic...m/jeanieflowers

Virtually every band I was ever in was with my now ex-husband, so I am looking forward to finding my own voice again. I know it's there.

I look forward to getting to know you, and hopefully it will be a mutually beneficial relationship smile.gif

Hi Jeanie

Welcome to Songstuff! smile.gif

Good to see you on the boards.

Cheers

John

PS Feel free to add the links to your music pages to your board signature and "About Me" page :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome, John and Steve! Sorry I'm tardy in writing a reply. I blame the holiday season :) I will be trying to get into the forums soon to check out what everyone is doing and hopefully post something of my own for comment.

jeanie

Hey, no problem Tom! I'm just glad I saw Finn's video now. Wow! Great song! I wish every single politician in America would see it. Gonna send that link to a bunch of people so expect some new hits, Finn!

And now I'm curious as to whether McnaughtonPark is melting in the dark... but I'm sure you get that a lot, MP :)

Right now it feels like it's cold everywhere, Thom. Thanks again everyone - you really do know how to make a girl feel welcome!

jeanie