Your Ad Could Be Here

Band Posters & Flyers

Recently we started to design and distribute posters also we have taken to making up small flyers to place in the venues. the flyers have our web site adresses and a smal bio of the band and how we sound

so it got me thinking . what makes a good poster, is it a personal thing or should we really be looking at whats popular ?

here are some examples

mags2.jpg13thnote.jpg

tarbert.jpg.newposter.jpg

I liked no 2 and 4 the best (the right ones). The others seemed a bit cluttered and hard to figure out. Remember that people often only have a second to be interested and get the message in the poster when driving by in a car. I liked 2 a lot, actually - neat backdrop.

I liked no 2 and 4 the best (the right ones). The others seemed a bit cluttered and hard to figure out. Remember that people often only have a second to be interested and get the message in the poster when driving by in a car. I liked 2 a lot, actually - neat backdrop.

That makes sense Finn i had the idea that it would need to catch the eye but i suppose simple will catch the eye

yeh they look good gives me some idea of what i should be doing

• 8 months later...

Problem is also that bands can have their own logos/typefaces, making the poster look very cluttered.

A good design actually uses only 2 or 3 typefaces, not dozens. That's why poster #2 works best here.

Another solution is used by Freddy - keeping the band logos small and all kept inside a separate space/subpic.

Ideally you would only use 1 or 2 fonts for big print, and if you cannot avoid logos or pictures, keep them small.

BG can be kept purposely vague, it can only distract - again a reason why #2 wins hands-down here. :)