Your Ad Could Be Here

My First Post?

Welcome bluage :) I'm just gonna try 'acid in my cereal' See if it works for me.

Hey, there, Steve...

Well, with all the sugar that's dumped into children's breakfast cereals these days, I think you won't need the acid to get "there"...!

With the happiest 'blues',

bluage

“God, how I still love private readers, it’s what we all used to be."

J.D.Salinger

Hello, Mr. Lazzerini...

I appreciate your posting of the quote by the late Mr. Salinger. I read "The Catcher in the Rye" some years ago and the experience of being inside Holden Caufield's head was revelatory, and I mean that. The scene with Holden and his little sister in the park moved me to tears. Also, somewhere near the very end of the novel Holden said something that I embraced as the "truth" in my own life. It goes something like this (I think): "Don't get too close to people. You'll end up missing them when they're not around, even if you don't like them," or something to that effect. Maybe you know the precise quotation.

By the way, I have been experimenting with the advice you offered to jazz songwriters, specifically the "making a monster" exercise you recommended as a way to summon lyrical ideas. Man, let me tell you something: it's fun! That is, if you don't mind people looking at you strangely as you bounce down the street "Ooo-bop-sha-bamming" your way into a state of lyrical profundity...

"Yawp bo-dee, ssshh-zoop doo-owww!

I really gotta sign-off, and I mean right now..."

bluage

Archived