Your Ad Could Be Here

Lost My Voice , Help :(

Melissaaa

So I've been sick and lost my voice,

I dot seem to be getting any better...

And the worst part is that I havnt been able to sing for about a week. :(

Does anyone know any ways for me to speed up the process of me getting my voice back?

Please help ..

I have a voice exam soon!

I don't know if anyone else would recommend this method, but I usually drink salt water then sing more, I find that the salt water just a little smooths over the inflamed area easing it somewhat, and doesn't coat it like other throat aids will, and then recording a song or two, just a little light practice nothing serious, and bit by bit, my voice is normally back within a few days.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Whenever I feel myself getting sick, I tend to run out and get a handful of Bolthouse Farm C-boost Smoothies (typically you can find them in the produce section of your grocery store). I believe they account for 1200% of your vitamin C needs per serving, and a larger bottle has 4 servings. I like this over a supplement because the nutrients in this come from real fruit instead of some processed chemical shoved into pill format... basically, your body is better able to absorb the nutrients in it.

Drinking two of these the first couple of days I feel a cold coming on has always dramatically reduced the time I feel less than healthy.

Also, when I'm sick, I take an old college professors advice and do three things: sleep tons, wash my hands regularly, and drink tons of water. The extra rest helps strengthen your immune system, the hand washing ensures nothing else attacks your immune system while it's weak, and drinking water helps flush your body of toxins and crap that you don't want in it. This has also been helpful to me over the years.

Anywho, I hope you get to feeling better and good luck on your exam!

~ Vocal Coach Ken Taylor