Dependable as the sun.

This is not the hot breath of insecurity on my neck,

But yours!

The magician that placed sand paper,

Beneath a young girl's skin.

Am I becoming you?

NO! NO! NO!

It cant be. I refuse to let it be.

Your face in the mirror; glaring back at me.

Stone-cold, angry jaw set,

Lip curling...

Eyebrows furrowing...

NO! NO! NO!

It cant be you...

It wont be you...

Look to my eyes..my eyes

My father's eyes.

Always changing colors,

Kaleidoscope to my heart.

They are tired, gray and hurting...

Not empty clear blue.

They are small and hiding.

Not big and boastful like you!

NO! NO! NO!

I will not be you.

I will not change myself faster than day,

To fit someone's pretty picture.

I will be me..me

Crazy as the fire..

Bursting with color..

Flitting from branch to branch,

Leaving my mark.

But can I?

How the insecurity grates...

PEACE AND LOVE!!! DANI!

Hey Dani... not sure if you are new to this site or not, but I haven't see you on here so... Welcome :)

This is something to be proud of! Very strong and when you come to the NO! lines I can feel the intensity, like for instance if it was a song those lines would be yelled or screamed even.

I also like the repeated Sand Paper references and how you don't exactly give details to the source of your insecurity, but instead give hints that requires the reader to use their imagination. Very nice...

I love to write poetry and I admire people that can write so nicely without using rhymes. I myself think in rhymes, which can be kinda annoying at times, cause there is so much more freedom in not restricting yourself to always rhyme.

BUT, anyways I'll stop rambling on... like I said good stuff here... well written :)

~TIMOTHY~

Hey Dani... not sure if you are new to this site or not, but I haven't see you on here so... Welcome :)

This is something to be proud of! Very strong and when you come to the NO! lines I can feel the intensity, like for instance if it was a song those lines would be yelled or screamed even.

I also like the repeated Sand Paper references and how you don't exactly give details to the source of your insecurity, but instead give hints that requires the reader to use their imagination. Very nice...

I love to write poetry and I admire people that can write so nicely without using rhymes. I myself think in rhymes, which can be kinda annoying at times, cause there is so much more freedom in not restricting yourself to always rhyme.

BUT, anyways I'll stop rambling on... like I said good stuff here... well written :)

~TIMOTHY~

Thank you so much! and you're right! When I perform this I scream NO! along with some other lines :)