This hurricane he's made.

Now all he can do is wait,

For time to assuage the roaring seas..

Does he not love?

Love is never ugly.

How I scoff at such false words..

Love may be blind,

But never be blind to love..

Never is there a path without broken steps.

Never is there dark without a light.

Love can be ugly.

It will be.

But it is our job to train our eyes,

To find the beauty inside,

The diamond in the rough.

To mark my words as cyniscism,

Would also be untrue.

For that, I would have to be pessimistic,

About what love takes us through...

Though my eyes may water,

And my heart may break,

There is always a tissue box close,

And a new hand to take.

Love is never ugly..

If we color it correctly in our minds.

PEACE AND LOVE!!! Dani <3 :yahoo:

Nice one, Dani! I think I like this even better than your NO! poem. I love the constant questions and the overall lengthiness of it. Some really good poems are often too short and feel like they could be so much more. I think this piece ends nicely and has an optimistic vibe to it.... even though you're saying love is 'sometimes' ugly.

It's a shame that the poets corner isn't very active on this site. Sometimes I'll post something and not get any feedback for weeks :/

I hope this isn't impolite of me to ask, but is this written about personal experience or just your writers imagination? I've sometimes written on a very sensitive subject and then people get the wrong idea, thinking that it actually applies directly to me.

~TIMOTHY~

Nice one, Dani! I think I like this even better than your NO! poem. I love the constant questions and the overall lengthiness of it. Some really good poems are often too short and feel like they could be so much more. I think this piece ends nicely and has an optimistic vibe to it.... even though you're saying love is 'sometimes' ugly.

It's a shame that the poets corner isn't very active on this site. Sometimes I'll post something and not get any feedback for weeks :/

I hope this isn't impolite of me to ask, but is this written about personal experience or just your writers imagination? I've sometimes written on a very sensitive subject and then people get the wrong idea, thinking that it actually applies directly to me.

~TIMOTHY~

It's not impolite to ask at all. My NO! poem is strictly personal experience. But this is more of what I have seen rather than felt. I will definitely try and be active on the poets corner. I love poetry just as much as I love music. which is a lotttttttttt. :)

It's not impolite to ask at all. My NO! poem is strictly personal experience. But this is more of what I have seen rather than felt. I will definitely try and be active on the poets corner. I love poetry just as much as I love music. which is a lotttttttttt. :)

Music, poetry, it's all art to me :)

As a heads up for posting your work, I think you will get more feedback from other writers by reviewing someone else's work before posting your own. It's kind of a general guideline on this site, not a rule in anyway, just a helpful tip to keep the boards busy, trying to reduce posts with no comments, to a minimum.

I hope to see more of your work, soon :)

~TIMOTHY~

Archived