Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting Back Into Songwriting After A Long Time From It

Hi Chris,

I'm glad the lawyer got you acquitted, I knew the DA didn't really have anything on you...

Now that you're out of the joint, are you trying to write music, lyrics, or just play some guitar? In any case the answer is pretty much, "just pull your head out and start". I get like that sometimes, and I find it helps just to play some games with notes, or words... rhyming, matching sounds, playing a phrase with different rhythms or styles. It's obvious after some time away from the guitar that you lack some of the facility you have when you're practicing all the time, it the same with creativity. At the same time, those down times help you move forward, you're not so likely to repeat yourself, it's easier to break old habits. Another thought is to go thru your old unfinished works in your new frame of mind and see what shakes loose. This doesn't work for everybody, but I find it useful. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...