Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello, World! ^_^

ParkzMusic

• Noob

Hey, all! I'm new here. A little about me, I'm a striving musician in my early teens, I play guitar, bass, and piano. I've been trying to write for so long, but it always comes out way out of wack..So, I'm here to learn the art of songwriting, from the people like you, who've actually written something. My inspirations are Paramore, Steve Vai, Orianthi, and Meilani. I know zilch about music theory, and how to read music,..so I'm kinda in a hole. Heh. Anyways, so that's me. I'm a good person, though, believe me!! Or else!! ^_^ Thanks!

Well it may not be the best advice but i say get yourself Magix Music Maker or Fruity Loops and you can make all sorts of music with them. You don't have to know much music theory just go off of your ear. You can use their drum beats and record your guitar, bass and piano with a usb mic. Try to emulate a song you like and change things here and there and by the time your done you got yourself a whole new song. If a note you have chosen sounds bad pick a different note.

For song structure you can pick a song you like and count out the measures of the different phrases and write them down. Structure your song according to that. Song structure is in the eye of the beholder but you might as well go off of something you like anyway.

Keep making songs and believe in yourself. You get better every song. If your really serious about music you should get piano lessons or some kind of musical education. I'm no pro myself so keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...