Your Ad Could Be Here

Newbie From England

MarkH

Hi Everyone.

I'm an amateur singer-songwriter, from Southport, near Liverpool in England.

I run a video-sharing website for independent musicians, so am here to network a little as well as meet new people etc.

Hopefully you mods won't mind me being here - I promise not to spam :)

Cheers

Mark

Hey Mark. My old neck of the woods though across the water a little, so to speak (Ribble not Mersey lol).

If you go into your profile there's a couple of useful marketing things you could try. One is the "About Me" (you'll be amazed how many members like to view profiles here) to help promote what you are doing and the other is via edit profile, edit signature - you can add a link to your video website that appears in all your posts :)

Best thing for you is to get involved, make new friends etc. Plenty of people here to help you where you need it and vice-versa. Many people struggle with the marketing and promotion side. Maybe you could, if you have time, begin a blog here - a marketing tutorial or something or even get involved with some of the SS projects going on.

C ya around.

hey Mark

Welcome to Songstuff! :)

Networking is good. I would ask you to PM me if you do intend a first promotional post and I will be happy to go through the whats and wheres :)

Cheers

John

Thanks John

I wasn't really thinking of doing any promotional posts. If it's ok with you, I'll just have my site's url in my signature and only mention what I do if it is relevant to the conversation?

Cheers

Mark :)

Hey Mark....welcome to the site!

Tom

Cheers Tom :)

hey mark, welcome :)

Thanks Harry :)

Hey Mark. My old neck of the woods though across the water a little, so to speak (Ribble not Mersey lol).

If you go into your profile there's a couple of useful marketing things you could try. One is the "About Me" (you'll be amazed how many members like to view profiles here) to help promote what you are doing and the other is via edit profile, edit signature - you can add a link to your video website that appears in all your posts :)

Best thing for you is to get involved, make new friends etc. Plenty of people here to help you where you need it and vice-versa. Many people struggle with the marketing and promotion side. Maybe you could, if you have time, begin a blog here - a marketing tutorial or something or even get involved with some of the SS projects going on.

C ya around.

Hi

Thanks very much for the welcome and the helpful advice. I'll certainly be happy to help out with whatever I can, as time allows. My focus really is on marketing and promotion for artists and bands on a limited (or non-existant) budget via social media, networking etc. So hopefully some of that might be helpful.

Cheers

Mark :)

• 1 month later...