Your Ad Could Be Here

New To The Forums

SeanL

Hi everyone. I just stumbled across these forums and pretty much immediately wanted to join. I've played guitar and wrote my own songs now for about 5 years, and truly I wish I had found a site like this before. My name is Sean, I live in South Carolina. Uh... brief background, I'm currently enlisted in the Air Force, I'm waiting to ship to basic training. Writing and playing music keeps me from going crazy! But seriously, I love love love music. I listen to all kinds, but I'm very fond of melodic folk music, I love classical music, great singer/songwriters and lots of rap, some country, old school etc... pretty much everything far and in between. I found the site initially just looking for a place to get some help with lyrics (a sticking point for me often in music writing), but I have only been on a few minutes and know I've found alot more. So thats me. I'm gonna go ahead and post some lyrics I wrote today so I can get some objective thoughts. I'm excited for someone to consider my lyrics who isn't already a friend of mine. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Thanks!

Sean L.

Hi Sean and welcome to Songstuff!

It's amazing just how valuable it is... to be getting candid, constructive feedback from people you don't know. Even assuming you do make some friends here, there will always be people commenting who you don't know.

Anyhoo, good to have you aboard!

Hey Sean, welcome.

Quadrant5 is a really good friend of mine and I recommend you to make friends with him yourself as soon as possible as he is the kind of person who needs friends (having so few). You may not realise from this that we joke a lot around here so have fun with us all (some like a joke less that other though).

Anyway, don't forget that you need to critique other members lyrics before posting your own. Take your time and read quite a few to get the hang of it. And as you spend time here you'll see that a lot of help and info for you is not just in the lyrics section. That means, spend your time across the whole board.

Any question, just ask Mahesh :) Jump into the community.

Thanks for the welcome you guys. Yeah I'm cruisin all over the forum. Specifically I found the site through looking for help with lyrics so I've been there the past day or so. But I know theres tons all over. I'm trying to restrain myself from stayin on here too often and not actually working on my music haha! I also think reviewing others lyrics is such a great idea. Even in reviewing the work of others, individual skills are worked so I'm down. Anyway, again- stoked to be here, I'll see ya'll around

• Editors

Heya Sean, We are very glad to have you here. :) its an amazing thing,but if you just sit and think,you would realize that there are so many things that is right there at the tip of your fingers which would help you get where you want,which we usually do not do.

Anyways,Welcome again to the site Sean :)

Mahesh