Your Ad Could Be Here

A Couple Of Good Videos On Songwriting

Here are a couple of videos that I found to be pretty helpful in writing. The vids are from a GC session with Paul Gilbert, and if you're a guitar player all the clips are pretty cool, but I thought I'd share a link to the two most beneficial to songwriting here. Even if you don't play an instrument and are strictly a lyricist I think that the video on rhythm will help greatly in your writing and make it easier to eventually put music to if there is a definite rhythm already in place. You can even make some notes to go with your lyrics that could help the composer come up with the music to fit your words.

You can even make some notes to go with your lyrics that could help the composer come up with the music to fit your words.For instance you could jot down a quick note like this.

Verse 1- 8 bars

dum ba da da da dum dum

dum ba da da da dum dum

dum ba da da da dum dum

dum ba da da da dum dum

dum ba da da da dum dum

dum ba da da da dum dum

dum ba da da da dum dum

do do do do do do dum dum

Chorus- 4 bars

dum da da dum dum

dum da da dum dum

dum da da dum dum

dum da da dum dum

This way you could make a notation of the rhythm you wrote your words to that would be able to help out the person trying to put some music to it. Plus just coming up with different rhythms will open you up to newer writing and help you tailor your lyrics into an overall feel. I think this could be another tool in your old writing toolbag that just may come in handy some time when your stumped or just looking for a fresh new approach. Cheers.