Your Ad Could Be Here

How To Put A Keyboard On Top Of A Keyboard Stand?

I've recently bought a Stagg KXS A4 keyboard stand for my Casio CTK-4000 synthesizer:

The problem is, I can't seem to figure how one is supposed to be lying on the other. If I simply put the synthesizer on top of the rubbery cylindrical parts it isn't too stable, especially on higher altitude settings. There don't seem to be any special slots, designed for them, in the back either.

Please explain to me this esoteric science of mounting.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/33699-rockstand-x-frame-keyboard-stand-with-pin-lock-system-large.jpg

You're on the right track, the keyboard just rests on the arms/rubber cylinders. These types of stands are known to be rather unstable, but I've personally never had any issues with them.

You are using the stand correctly. The scissor X-type stands are designed for use on hard, flat floors - like a stage floor. So, if you have it on a carpeted floor, it will be less stable...

I do have a carpeted floor and the stand does seem a bit unstable on it, yes. However, the instability, I was referring to was the lack of traction between the stand's rubber "holders" and the synthesizer.

http://www.dolphinmu...ystem-large.jpg

You're on the right track, the keyboard just rests on the arms/rubber cylinders. These types of stands are known to be rather unstable, but I've personally never had any issues with them.

Still, is there any way to make the synthesizer sit more tightly, short of taping it to the arms?

Perhaps there's something you can buy to tape/glue? around the stands arms. Like that rubber stuff you put under rugs to stop them slipping on floors?

The problem I have with my stands is how to tilt the bottom one so I can see my keyboards LCD screen. The keyboard is heavy and I'm afraid that even with the rubber stoppers at the end of the arms that it might slip off if the arms are positioned in a tilt. Easy fixed though with rolls of toilet paper wedged under the back of the keyboard at both ends. :)

Edited by Desertrose

• 2 months later...

Most stands aren't really that stable as you raise them higher, particularly on carpet, does come down to $$$ really though. These are pretty solid at any height http://www.ultimatesupport.com/category/Keyboard_Stands__V-Stand , but are not cheap..

I have used it for keyboards as well as turntables/mixer and as long as you have enough weight on it that stand is not going anywhere.

To keep the keyboard solid on other stands a generous bit of gaffer tape on the underside of keyboard/wound around rubber ends will keep it in place pretty well, match that with gaffer taped accross the feet on the floor and it will generally take a few knocks before going over (particularly in live situations). Watch out for the glue coming off if you leave it on too long though.