Your Ad Could Be Here

Chat Room

1. Log in to chat regularly so members can see someone is available to chat
  2. Point it out to members, if you see someone is online (board index at the bottom), send them a PM and invite them to the chat room.
  3. Set up scheduled sessions. I know a few members who regularly meet to chat every saturday for several hours.
  4. Make sure when people do go to the chat room that you are there to chat to
  5. When members appear, reply as soon as you can saying "hi". if members see you as logged in to the chat but not replying then in future when they see you in there they may close it without trying to get a reply from you.
  6. Following from 5, when you close you finish chatting log out of the chat room (rather than letting it time out after you close the window without ending your chat session) as that can give the impression you are not replying.

Just a few off the top of my head :)

there is not enough musians useing the chat room what can be done to make people want to use it more

Well I just happened to see you in there, and so I went in there and saw it was you. I spoke to you for a couple minutes. No response...... and then you left the room. Ah well.

1. Log in to chat regularly so members can see someone is available to chat
  2. Point it out to members, if you see someone is online (board index at the bottom), send them a PM and invite them to the chat room.
  3. Set up scheduled sessions. I know a few members who regularly meet to chat every saturday for several hours.
  4. Make sure when people do go to the chat room that you are there to chat to
  5. When members appear, reply as soon as you can saying "hi". if members see you as logged in to the chat but not replying then in future when they see you in there they may close it without trying to get a reply from you.
  6. Following from 5, when you close you finish chatting log out of the chat room (rather than letting it time out after you close the window without ending your chat session) as that can give the impression you are not replying.

Just a few off the top of my head :)

Yeah 4 and 5 apply big time! LOL

yep lol There are times when the chat room is often busy but not so much lately... possibly the various server issues that we have had means less members visiting than usual. Now it's (fingers crossed) it should be stable for a long time to come. so the chat room activity should pick up :)

there is not enough musians useing the chat room what can be done to make people want to use it more

I think musicians like to hear thier songs played in the room,..also they like listening to others own stuff as they chat, so.. maybe like a juke-box room with a song list made up of members songs,.. I am sure if a person gave me constructive criticism on one of my songs I would listen,.. maybe it would start some sort of collaboration where couples or more can record a song.. I have an 8 track which is good quality,.. all it neeeds is for someone to send a wave/mp3 file and build on it.. I am game. :note:

Tally

Edited by Tally