Your Ad Could Be Here

What Can I Put Here To Catch Your Attention? Hi Everyone :-)

Hi everyone!

I have been on this website for a few days now but I've never posted a post before, so this is my first post.

I have read several works by many of you and you guys have written some really great lyrics. I have recently been inspired and interested in songwriting and I would like many of you to help me out.

Are there any suggestions on how I should start, any tips or any ways to writing good lyrics?

Anyway, I don't claim to have any talent in music- no instrumental or vocal talent and I am not exactly trying to pursue anything in the music industry as a career. I just want to just express myself and tell my feelings and write from my heart. But I can't seem to be able to get a tune and I don't want my lyrics to end up sounding like a poem. So I'm not quite sure with how to start.

If you have any advice for a beginner like me, they're always welcome. And I also look forward to meeting you all and reading more of your works! Cheers :-)

- ChasingCars

Edited by ChasingCars

Hey!

I'm also new here, barely been on this site for a week :P

I just posted up a song I wrote, wasn't expecting anything from it but the feedback just kept coming in non-stop! I've never rewritten a song before, just changed a word here or there. But with all the suggestions and help I was getting O felt it called for a rewrite!

The people here are great! My advice would be to start off thinking of your feelings, mess with a few words and a tune. Just think of what you want to tell people about yourself...before you know it you'll have a song (:

If you feel hesitant about starting off, don't be (: just enjoy it and I promise you'll just keep getting better at it!

I look forward to seeing some lyrics from you ;P

- xfantasiix