Your Ad Could Be Here

New To It All

Hi All,

I'm an overworked CPA and hobby songwriter. I've been playing piano for 25 years, although I am definitely not a technician of the instrument or a professional musician in any way.

These days, I get much joy out of creating music. I think what appeals most to me about song writing is the problem solving side of it. Trying to understand the best way to communicate my message, while trying to construct lyrics that are pleasing with a good and proper cadence, without losing my intended message and without conceding; those are the challenges I really enjoy. Then overlaying the words and melody against a progression that fits...just all of it is very inviting.

Anyway, I have been song writing for about 3 years now and after much pressure from loved ones to "do something more" with my songs, I've just started to maybe take things up a notch by having some of my music produced, making it more publicly available, marketing myself, etc. To this end, I find myself in constant search of more knowledge on the topics of song writing, producing, marketing, etc., hence why I joined this forum.

Just a hobby for now with dreams of doing something more (and maybe changing careers...what a concept!).

Hope to meet some cool people on here with interesting things to say.

Talk to ya,

Pompa

https://www.facebook.com/SongsbyPompa

• Like 1