Your Ad Could Be Here

G'day From Down Under

G'day everyone. As the user name suggests, I'm Kel, and from Brisbane, Australia and currently 52 and some change years old.

I'm a wannabe songwriter... oh alright, I am a song writer, it's just that nobody has ever heard them! If I could sing, I'd record a few but honestly, my shower turns off if I sing in it!

My passion is country music, so that is what I right. Nothing too fancy, Just from the heart, or from memory, or totally made up depending on where I am at the time. I haven't done any writing for around 30 years, and just recently my mid-life crisis hit and hit hard! I've gone from having nothing musical in my life to owning 3 guitars, a bass, 3 keyboards and a tambourine! Yes, a tambourine! However, the shotgun approach hasn't really been too good for me, and I hardly touch the bass, and only pick up my acoustic guitar usually. However, the keyboards are a different story.

I bought an old Kawai 50 key thing on Ebay for just under $12. Yes, Twelve dollars! Anyway, it convinced me that keys were a better focus for me. I now have a 88 key stage piano, a 61 key Yamaha I do most of my writing on, and of course, the dear old Kawai.

Anyhoo... I find I am writing quite prolifically, and hardly a day goes by without writing something. Hopefully I'm getting all the trash out of my system to make room for the good stuff.

I write with Guitar Pro 5.2. I know it's not Sibelius or a pencil, but it's easy to use and my son also writes with it, so we can bounce ideas off each other, though he is into screamo songs, which I just don't get!

I can export in midi, and post lyrics but I just can't sing! I will warn you though, I am trying to exersize my vocal chords in the vain hope that one day I can at least record a bad demo.

That's enough about me.

Cheers,

Kel

Nice to "meet" you Kel :) Welcome to Songstuff. Great intro. I write country songs, too. I don't get the screamo either. I can't wait to read your lyrics. Although it sucks when life throws you the hardest pain, it's when you write the best material. I'm glad you are using music to guide you through.