Your Ad Could Be Here

Monthly Song Contests

Monthly Song Contests  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in taking part in a varying monthly contest?

• Yes
    • No

I was talking to Donna Marilyn about things we could do on the forums. We used to run songwriting contests (just for fun) on a regular basis, but haven't for some time. Donna had some excellent suggestions for a monthly contest and I thought I would run the idea by our members:

Would you be interested in a monthly contest? Just answer in the poll above, and if you have suggestions please also hit reply :)

The idea is as follows:

• We have a monthly, for fun, contest.
  • The exact contest will vary each month.

Example contests would be:

• A themed contest every 6 months
  • An acoustic contest
  • A separate lyrics and instrumental contest
  • A collaboration contest
  • A full band arrangement contest (with as many writers as are needed)
  • A style or genre contest
  • An "A cappella" contest
  • A Christmas song contest

Hopefully you get the idea!

Once a year we could vote for an overall winner from the previous 11 monthly contests, the winner and runners up receiving a small prize.

So please vote... interested or not?

Cheers

John

Please share this, on our forums and elsewhere if you like. It would be good to gather opinions from a lot of people!

Okay, it seems that we have enough interest in making this happen. :) If any of you would like to help run these competitions, just drop me a PM :) If not, I'll set it up myself or perhaps press gang someone ;)

I'll get started with drawing up some rules :)

Please make my effort worthwhile by taking an active part in the competitions and encouraging others to take part :)

• 3 weeks later...