Your Ad Could Be Here

When Do You Say, "i Wrote A New Song!"

Every songwriter likes to write a new song. At least I know I do! But when do YOU say you've done it? And I'm not talking about rewite after rewrite - I'm talking about when you think it's finished, what form is it in?

For me, I don't say "I've written a song," until it's pretty much all in place - lyrics, melody, chords and properly notated, usually with a simple bass and drum rhythm section. I use Guitar Pro myself, so it's easy to add all that in. When I was younger I used manuscript paper and a pencil, and always wrote for piano with vocals separate - 3 staves. From Intro to Coda... all the way.

I know some people who write down some lyrics, hum a tune till they like it, and note some chords down over the lyrics and say they've written a song.

I'm not saying they're wrong, or that I'm right... but I'm interested to hear about when other songwriters consider their songs written?

don't know anything about chords or anything apart from the words that fall from my head so I write words are they a song ?.In my head I hear it clear as on the radio but that's just me ,