Your Ad Could Be Here

Bought A Tele

Well not a real telecaster.   For awhile I was thinking about buying a schecter pt (pete townsend) But looking around at all the guitars I already own and rarely play I really had to question if I needed another.

I bought a Rondo SX Furrian

Same as shown below

Natural oil swamp ash body with maple neck/fretboard and a pair of single coils.  Honestly I don't expect that much for a 150 dollar (includes shipping) guitar.  But I've been rather impressed with the vids I've seen on youtube.

I expect delivery by thursday.  And I expect a diet or ramen noodles just the same.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the most part I'm really digging it.  The frets are uneven.  Not outrageously but something if I had the money I'd pay for leveling, crowning and polishing.  I'm a fanatic about action and have sent guitar techs into fits of rage.  My other guitars have extremely low action are setup very well and have "modern c" necks as opposed to regular "C" necks

It's been a blast all the same.  I've been putting the guitar through all the paces.  Playing ti with every thing i can.and am really digging it so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I also bought an SX guitar, but mine is one of the semi accoustic tele's in tobacco sunburst. I'm very happy with it. I can't justify spending any more money on a  guitar than I did, as I'm not that good, and not looking to be a performer, though I'll be taking it along to the local Country Music CLub when I pluck up the courage to actually perform.

Enjoy your Furion.

Kel

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I've had it awhile I'm beginning to have buyers remorse.  The binding on the neck is cracking. I've had to raise the action and do more then one neck adjustment to get rid of the fret buzz.  The frets are rising up and I might have to tap them back in something I'm afraid of because it's to easy to damage the frets or tap them too far in.  Had I purchased a guitar for a few more hundred chances are I'd have a reliable neck.

I'm really falling in love with the neck shape but not the neck persay. Finances are thin this month. I'm neither luthier nor guitar tech and not about to invest in repair.