Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello From ... Erm ... Me ;)

Hi, I'm Andy from Germany and new to this board. I'm a hobby songwriter who plays some guitar and keyboard, but just good enough to write songs, by far not good enough to perform and/or record properly. I've taken a long break from music after having written 40+ songs and am now trying to find like-minded musicians via internet in order to bring these songs of mine to life. If you want to know more about me: I've set up a small website at a free domain, which unfortunately doesn't come ad-free, but oh well ... http://www.songwriter-aj.de.ki

Hi Andy, welcome to Songstuff.

I just had a look at your site, but haven't listened to you sounds, yet... what a great idea you have. I consider myself not much of a performer. I "play" guitar and piano (well, a yamaha keyboard, but I learned piano) but can't sing in tune, and I can relate to your frustrations very well.

Cheers,

Kel

Edited by Kel

Thanks for the welcomes, guys.

@ Kel: Just checked out your soundcloud page, clicked on the first song in your stream and liked it. Bluesrock certainly is pretty far from what I usually listen to and what I write myself, but then again, a good song is a good sing, no matter the style ;) I'm not that strict about song categories anyway ...

Thanks Andy, would you believe I'm not happy with it?

The guy who recorded it is English, so his accent is all wrong. Also he hasn't used the shuffle blues (think Status Quo Bye Bye Johnny) feel during the chorus that I provided in my sample. While the shuffle is not imperitive, as he's recorded it, there is no distinction between the verse and the chorus. To be fair to him though, he supplied me with sketches as he was working on it, and made alterations to fit in with what I wanted; I never picked up on that until this weekend... a week after receiving the Final Version! So it's all my fault. I fail as a producer! Fail! Fail!

I appreciate your feedback though. Cheers.