Your Ad Could Be Here

Jdharris

Hi, I am JD Harris,  I am not at all a computer whiz.  I thought I introduced myself with my first post.  Apparently not, as I can't find what I first wrote on the introduction board, don't actually know where that post was sent, sorry.   

My dad was a musician, played guitar, violin and alto sax.  I grew up on country music although I enjoy all genres.  My roots are country and that sort of influences my writing. I played the violin at a young age, strummed guitar since my teen years only to put it down, until recently. 

I have written poems and lyrics all my life and have kept them to myself. 

My main goal is to improve my writing, hope to get some of my work critiqued so I will at least know where to improve.  Perhaps find someone to collaborate with in hopes of completing some lyrics into songs.

I am a single parent,  my daughter has now grown into a lovely woman.  However, I still have many children around me as I am a foster parent. I have had my house full for the past 12 years.   

JD Harris is my writing name.  I look forward to getting to know you all. 

Best regards to you all.

JDH

I can be contacted via e-mail:  mudsy@shaw.ca

ps.  Lyric writing influences :Lennon & McCarthy, Carol King, Paul Anka, Keith Urban (love his latest Without You), Elton John, Taylor Swift, James Taylor, and as Yuel Brenner said in the King and I, "Etcetera, etcetera, and etcetera..    

Thanks Tom, I guess with my first introduction going nowhere, and I had not realized that; I thought what's wrong, does no one like my lyrics? They must be so bad no one knows how to respond and remain positive.  Then, I was beginning to think I was being snubbed, just who does this JDH think they are anyway, coming onto our site and giving critiques?   Not until I looked for my intro post... nowhere to be found.  I hope that explains my lack of replies to my posts. 

I have started to now get feedback and I am finding the critique to be very helpful as I write my lyrics.  I am also loving the fact that I can offer what little I know to others looking for the same.  Fantastic web site.  Thanks for the welcome.

JDH

Hi JD, welcome to Songstuff. It can sometimes just take a little time for members to respond, for a variety of reasons. In general if you put some thought into critique you offer of their songs then you will get some decent thoughtful reviews of yours in return. Sadly some members are lazy, some are busy and some are a bit concerned or scared to make comment.. So it can just be a little bit of bad luck or timing. The more you write considered, thoughtful critique of the work of others, the more likely you are to get critiques. Not getting critiques is rarely a reflection of the song itself.

I know, I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, I get it.  I just felt perhaps some people may have thought, who the heck is this, because they didn't have any reference to me, no intro, and here this jdh is giving critique.  To tell you the truth, I began to feel  like a party crasher, you know the kind; The one no one invited, no friends at the party and no one wants them to be there.  But I take full responsibility for my ignorance in not knowing how this site works.  What pinned is. Why there are stars and dots in the left column, why some posts are highlighted.  I'm slowly getting there.

I am enjoying my experience on this site and as I learn more about what the heck I'm doing, where I am posting things etc., and remember to update after I post, things will be fine.

I don't know, I may have.  The three post of the same lyric though, I know I did that, oops!  just didn't realize it until it was done.  Thanks for the greet.

Next I have to master transferring my photo to my profile. 

jdh

We're a friendly and none too judgemental a bunch JD so kick back, relax and enjoy the place I am sure you will learn a bit at a time. If you need help feel free to ask and I am sure you will get plenty offers of help. There are rules but they are pretty straight forward.

Archived