Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi Ya'll Its Me

So I forgot to do the intro post so i came back for that. My name is Chad Portman I am currently 27 years old I have songs appear in my head from time to time in part or in full. I have a collection of about 10 so far over the last 11 years or so. I have no ability to read, write, or play music so I only have lyrics and always looking for help to put music to my songs.

Chad:

Welcome to the board!  Write on!!  Hopefully you will find that you are in good company here.  There are a lot of good heads on the board who have given me so much valuable advice and encouragement in my efforts to put forth some decent lyrics.  They are great mentors.  Enjoy the ride!!

HI Chad. I'm new here also.

I find it interesting that some people start writing songs by just lyrics. Most people I know, myself included, for started playing an instrument and the songwriting was born of that. It's difficult for me to try and determine if a lyric writing would be helped or hindered by not playing an instrument. If you could offer me any insight into that I would be interested.

Hey chad, welcome to Songstuff :)

Hey DerekEverett,   Since I am unable at this time to play any instruments writing just the lyrics makes sense to me. However I dont ever just sit down and be like I am writing a song today. I will just be sitting at the house on the phone or riding an ATV and a couple lines will get stuck in my head if I like it I continue and once i have 4-5 lines i go write them down and try to extend from there. I always have a rhythm that i hear myself singing it at but i could not tell what that rhythm is since i dont understand the music side of it. I also have hearing problems so i have a heard time telling one note from another or even one chord from another.

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff  :)

Jan

Archived