Your Ad Could Be Here

Mid/side

Hey guys, recently I've been looking into a bunch of mid/side things like this one. Do you use mid/side compression/eq? If you do, when does it work?

You could also consider Amplitube for a full suite of tools. Like David, when it comes to mastering often is a better idea to send your music to a mastering engineer. I have to say boh Izotope Ozone and Amplitube are excellent, though Amplitube Is targeted at a more budget market. If really serious then I would be happy with Wavelab, Ozone and Amplitube as a mastering set up for complete control.

It's an absolute rip off.  I'd want an entire suite of tools for that kind of money.

You could actually buy an outboard EQ, Limiter and Compressor for $250.00 if you shop around.

So you are telling me that mid/side compression is used only in mastering? 

No, but certainly it is the most common time for application.