Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey - I'm Ben

Hello everyone my names Ben Morse, I'm 15 years old, and I'm from the great state of Pennsylvania. I used this site a few years back in the month that I liked rap to post my God awful rap lyrics because I figured it seemed easy enough to do. One day I woke up and listened to some Eminem song and decided, this is stupid. The words don't have any meaning and I can't relate to the music at all. I'm the son of an eighth generation cattle farmer and was born into a hard working uppermiddle class conservative family. I don't believe in using drugs or disrespecting women or your country so the rap genre wasn't tasteful enough for me. I went back and did a little searching and went through every genre I'd ever liked. I quickly realized that I never truly took in the meanings of the songs I'd been listening to all my life. Good Charlotte, Blink 182, All American Rejects... I found out that all my favorites bands sucked. So I dug a little deeper and went back to my roots. When I was 5 years old I would always put a little Brad Paisley on the radio and be fast asleep in a few minutes. His Fifth Gear album still to this day has the same effect on me, which I learned when I suffered a severe concussion that lasted six months, ended my highschool football career, and one of my symptoms was that I couldn't fall asleep the way I used to. That symptom has been permanent and every night I turn on "Little Moments" and count back from 10,000 and by 9,950 I'll be out. My love of country grew and grew since 7th grade to the point where I only listen to country music and am even picky about which country I will and won't stand. I'm a George Strait kind of man and if a pop-country or country-rap (c-rap) song comes on the radio I'm quick to change the station. I believe that country is more than the music you listen to but a way of life. I started writing country music and learning the guitar this year. Unfortunately my brother took our guitar with him to college so I won't be able to perform any of my songs until his break but until then I intend to post a few song lyrics on here. I hope y'all like them! Thank-you for your time and God bless

Welcome Ben.

Given your background I'm not surprised you came back to your roots, so to speak. I'm not sure Brad Paisley would be thrilled knowing he puts you to sleep, but if he heard the story I bet he wouldn't mind at all. Was the concussion received playing football? I didn't think head injuries were a big part of American Football with those helmets. Can't fault your tastes, mate. Enjoy the site and grow with it.

Cheers,

Kel

Tom,

I've looked into a lot of beginner guitars but my brothers thoroughly convinced me that if I'm going to buy a guitar I should just wait to get a good one. We own a 1,000$ Takamine and if I buy one it'll likely be in the 800-1,200$ price range. I have the money but I'm 2,000$ away from buying my first car so I'm tryin to save as much as I can. My plan is to save for a lower end Martin (since their factory is in my area) that I can have for the rest of my life as soon as I'm done purchasing my truck. I was actually just beginning to get good at playing though so I may go ahead and spend 400$ on a decent acoustic that I'll keep until I can afford the Martin but I'm still figuring it out. Thank-you for welcoming me to the community!

Kel,

Yeah I received my concussion in practice midway through my freshman season. It was a double impact collision with both of us running full speed at eachother. If our helmets weren't as high tech as they are I'd probably be a lot worse off, but helmets will never be advanced enough to prevent anything but minor injuries. Concussions are just part of the game and part of the risk you take as a football player. I don't regret taking that risk and if I could I would still be taking it. However, I've been working towards my academic goal of attending the United States Naval Academy and I'm well on the way but I cannot afford another 6 months away from school if I plan on being an officer in the Navy. Thanks for welcoming me!

- Ben

Hey Ben.

George Strait started out with the military too, so you'd be following some rather successful footsteps. Good luck with the Naval career. 

Kel

Haha I don't think I'll ever come close to following his footsteps, I just like playing guitar and writing some good old country music. Thank-you! I appreciate it

- Ben

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff !

Good to hear you recovered after your accident.

Hope you enjoy being here  :)

Jan

Archived