Your Ad Could Be Here

I Want To Buy A Product To Save My Creative Ideas

Hi guys,

My problem is when inspiration comes (mostly out of home) I record it with the soundrecorder of my phone but it's not good enough because I can only save the lead vocal ideas with it, and I also write the instrument partitions and sometimes the lead vocals and an accompanying instrument comes together as an inspiration, and since notating is not also fast enough to keep the inspiration, I need a product that I can carry everywhere I go.

What do you suggest? Thanks

Get an Apple iPhone for your phone, or get an iPad, and then use Garageband (free).  http://www.apple.com/ios/garageband/

http://store.apple.com/tr

Playing the arrangement ideas using a touch screen's keyboard is a good idea but not that good i think. But still thank you.

Tascam, Zoom Rowland, Alesis all make tiny multitrack recorders. You can sing (or play) melody, bassline, counterpoint etc in synch and tap out the rhythm using belly slaps or cheek clicks all on different tracks.

Multitrack recorders are great but they only work if I carry a guitar/bass with me when I am outside. Thank you

What kind of a product do you imagine that solves my product (It may be nonexistent yet).

Only if you cant sing. Like I said, you can sing harmonies, basslines etc.

But I don't think "singing" the notes that will structure the chords/harmonies one by one is a reasonable effort. Thank you

Not sure how much this will help, but in a pinch I simply try my best to describe the part I'm envisioning....recording the detailed description. No custom tools needed for this method, just know yourself well enough to describe things in a meaningful way. terms and descriptions that will jog your memory at a later time.

Good luck!

Tom

Thank you!

I think you should just stick to your phone. You can record a vocal melody and do beat-box style sounds to capture any instrumental ideas. That should suffice until later on in the day when you get a chance to really play or record it. If it's really good fit to the vocal melody, re-listening to both should be more than enough to jar your memory.

Randy

I think you should just stick to your phone. You can record a vocal melody and do beat-box style sounds to capture any instrumental ideas. That should suffice until later on in the day when you get a chance to really play or record it. If it's really good fit to the vocal melody, re-listening to both should be more than enough to jar your memory.

Randy

Thank you, I think that's the best way possible without a product specially designed for saving creative ideas that includes the lead melody and the chords/harmonies.

I wonder how you all imagine this product

I wonder how you all imagine this product

You already have my answer.

You said it wasnt a reasonable effort.

You obviously have had something in mind right from your first post on here. So why why dont you just say what you want to say without all this faffing about?