Your Ad Could Be Here

How To Find The Right Topic For Your Song ( Music )

I always find it hard to choose which lyrics of mine to use for which song !! Does a love melody always has to have a love topic - lyrics attacted ?! How do you know wheter you shouldnt maybe have taken an diffrent topic for an explicit song ??!! Would love to hear your thoughts about it and on what you base your deccicions !

I've had this same problem in my songwriting too. Recently I found this article about writing music to express specific ideas. I found it really helpful overall, but in relation to this topic especially helpful in point #4. I've already got great results from this idea and used it to put my lyrics together with the specific emotions I wanted to express. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

I've had this same problem in my songwriting too. Recently I found this article about writing music to express specific ideas. I found it really helpful overall, but in relation to this topic especially helpful in point #4. I've already got great results from this idea and used it to put my lyrics together with the specific emotions I wanted to express. Hope that helps!

THank you for your thoughts and the link you posted, I was reading through it and yes it has some really helpful ideas and tip in it - I liked the way they explain how you can express a certain your feelings with a certain melody. Its actually a very good tip - but I will have to do it verse versa since I already have the music and aswell some written lyrics - so basicly what I get out from this is that I should sit down and write my feelings down the music ( chords,melodie ) will create in myself. But that's allways the matter anyway, what I cant deside is wether it allways should be this way - do you know what I mean ??? My question is wether it maybe not better and more creative to take an diffrent topic of lyrics to an song in which ^the basic feeling would have made me and others choose the feeling we straight get from it - Like for example you would have this C Chord and everyone would relate a good feeling with it right ? ( so after the article I would now write my thoughts about it, which would be POSITIVE ) But my question is wether its not more creative to write something NEGATIVEat tis point, when everybody feels possitiv ??!!! :-) Or you write some lyrics and you think they are good but wouldn't other lyrics maybe fit better - is it to mainsteam ??!! Is it to common ??!! Is it to brake the ordinary ??   

I personaly really like new, fresh,creative ideas.......