Your Ad Could Be Here

Who Has Any Covers On Youtube?

maxmilian9

All that said, I think Max did a pretty good job. Pretty good job on the vid too, though the lip synch was a little out at points.

I find myself agreeing with both Gabriel and Tom... On one hand it is infringing copyright to release a cover, on the other hand virtually no one pays attention to copyright in the realm of non commercial recordings, and only artists and copyright owners pay it any attention in the commercial world. That isn't going to change as long as governments don't care, and that isn't going to change as long as large future tech organisations like Google can see some free mileage in allowing it. Sad but true.

Max, as an artist, I know recording covers can seem like a great idea to get you known. Longer term though it can get you in a lot of financial trouble. You can of course seek permission from publishers to do covers legitimately.

Alternatively you can do originals!

Cheers

John

Hi Max, I enjoyed listening. You have a pretty good voice though I would be interested in hearing some more tracks to get a better idea of your vocal range. I get feeling you have much broader range. A good job on the vid too. The lip sync could be a bit tighter though.

I like your cover, I didn't know the original but your version sounds nice.

I do my own songs but I have two covers on youtube as well. I like singing covers during my show and when I'm perfoming in the street :) I preffer doing covers of unknown or lesser-known songs and classic songs too.