Your Ad Could Be Here

Guitar Tuners

I have had an electronic guitar tuner (a QwickTune) for some time now but it was never very sensitive ( used to call me names, that kind of thing).

But I bought a great new one recently. It's a BOSS, can tune chromatically, beeps when you get within 3/100ths of the note, has an in-built metronome - very cool and will save a lot of time.

What do you guys use?

I have had an electronic guitar tuner (a QwickTune)  for some time now but it was never very sensitive ( used to call me names, that kind of thing).

But I bought a great new one recently. It's a BOSS, can tune chromatically, beeps when you get within 3/100ths of the note, has an in-built metronome - very cool and will save a lot of time.

What do you guys use?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i use the boss white pedal... cant remember the number CU1 or something. great on stage. You can use it either bypassed so it cuts out the signal when you tune or not bypassed so you can tune as you play and see if you are going out whilst mid song.

i use the boss white pedal... cant remember the number CU1 or something. great on stage. You can use it either bypassed so it cuts out the signal when you tune or not bypassed so you can tune as you play and see if you are going out whilst mid song.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now THAT sounds useful, especially when it's hot under the lights.

My Digitech GNX 3 has got a great tuner on it, so that's what I use.

What's a Digitech GNX3?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look here

All singing, all dancing!I want one already.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds good too - I do all my stuff directly into the mixer with this one. And I really can't tell much difference.

On second thoughts, it would be a bit pointless for me as I mostly play acoustic gee-tar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Might be a bit overkill, yes. There are boxes like that with effects especially for acoustic, though ...

I have, since some years now, an "Elto GT - 808 Chromatic Auto Tuner".

it has:

- Input.

- calibration switch, you can choose from 438 to 445 (you know about A=440??!).

- Built in Mic.

- Battery Check.

- DC 9V input..

- output.

it can be used onstage because of the output. you run through it to the amp,

it has also a needle meter and leds, but I just use it to tune when I first grab the guitar, and then until the next one... because my guitar stays in tune very well.

about other fx like the digitech... for my taste that is too much, I have a Digitech Legend II, and I used it for years, but now I love the sound of my amp and a few pedals.

when I play live I use a volume pedal, a blue boss compressor, an ibanez fuzz and an ibanez auto wha.

also I don't use reverb on my music man RD-112 One Hundred.

but when I record and mix is another story. [smiley=acoustic.gif]

Hey, isn't it good of me to give you boys a chance to talk about your toys? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;D;D;D

funny how we started with the tuner and ended with the whole signal chain...

what about our guitars?

Edited by hariossa

what about our guitars?

Hang on - jumping the gun here. Cable first. I need to change mine - it's started crackling. Somebody have good guitar cable advice? :-/

Hang on - jumping the gun here. Cable first. I need to change mine - it's started crackling. Somebody have good guitar cable advice?  :-/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh. Buy the best you can afford! Good cables are essential, cheap cables are a nightmare. Not only do they reduce the signal, but they cause all sorts of noise problems. (like crackling) I've had my two main guitar cables for over 20 years! Very expensive custom made but worth every penny!

Hang on - jumping the gun here. Cable first. I need to change mine - it's started crackling. Somebody have good guitar cable advice?  :-/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been using the same cable since 97' and never gave me any problem.

it's a whirlwind accusonic +1 Hi-z capacitance corrected (don't know what that means)and it has the fender logo on each extreme.