Your Ad Could Be Here

Guitar Tuners

seems like..., but you can be VERY proud about it ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just don't trust the tuner I have. It's onboard my Boss GT5, but I'm sure it changes the pitch every time I use it. So I stopped using it. I think my ear is better than the tuner anyway. I also think my keyboard may be slightly flat... :(

I just don't trust the tuner I have. It's onboard my Boss GT5, but I'm sure it changes the pitch every time I use it. So I stopped using it. I think my ear is better than the tuner anyway. I also think my keyboard may be slightly flat...  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course it's flat. Who's heard of a round keyboard - where should they put the keys, for one thing. :P

Okay, seriously: never heard of a flat keyboard - which is it?

Am I the only one that tunes to the keyboard by ear then...? :-/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say so. Most everyone I know uses their fingers.

You guys are all lucky. I have to tune my piano to a guitar! :-[

The great thing about my new chromatic tuner, as I discovered at last night's music session, is that it also tells you who is SINGING out of tune, just in case your won ears hadn't told you already!

• 3 weeks later...

I never used to use a tuner as my pitch was pretty good. I could always 'hear' an E and go from there. BUT...

For about 2 years I have been working close to a workshop wherein works a fitter who loves to sing all day. Unfortunatley he is tone deaf. To me this sounds like he is lurching up and down between keys constantly, and he has buggered up my pitch!

So now I check tuning on a Boss GT5 (In dont wander Steve) or occasionally on the Rowland keys if on stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this topic and wanted to recommend the intellitouch pt-2 tuner. It's great for recording, because you can easily tune (or check your tuning) in between takes. You dont need a cord for it, you just strap it to the head of the guitar (electric as well as acoustic) and based on the vibrations it gives you very precise information. Hope I didn't sound like an ad there, but I like it :P

LMK

Edited by LMK

Guest olggu
Just saw this topic and wanted to recommend the intellitouch pt-2 tuner. It's great for recording, because you can easily tune (or check your tuning) in between takes. You dont need a cord for it, you just strap it to the head of the guitar (electric as well as acoustic) and based on the vibrations it gives you very precise information. Hope I didn't sound like an ad there, but I like it  :P

LMK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I, like all wannabe- bass players, have three different tuners:

1. In my Zoom -506B pedal have one, quite simple to use

2. Cort AutoCromatic Tuner (el cheapo, that is)

3. eTuner program in my computer (great little software, I use it to adjust an intonation to my first bass, and it was easy with that little gadget.)

I calibrate that Zoom- tuner with those two other ones, because I mainly use just that, but it need some adjusting at time to time. It works, trust me; I have use more time tuning than playing with that chinese jazz bass...This new one stays in tune, no matter how much I play with it 8)

Edited by olggu

I never used to use a tuner as my pitch was pretty good. I could always 'hear' an E and go from there. BUT...

For about 2 years I have been working close to a workshop wherein works a fitter who loves to sing all day. Unfortunatley he is tone deaf. To me this sounds like he is lurching up and down between keys constantly, and he has buggered up my pitch!

So now I check tuning on a Boss GT5 (In dont wander Steve) or occasionally on the Rowland keys if on stage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The chromatic tuner on my Boss is sensitive to tell me whether a singer is off-key or not. Hilarious! [smiley=acoustic.gif]

• 4 years later...

:D

All geeks together...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I use the built in tuner of my Boss GT8. I have programmed it so that the tuner shows in the display every time I press the volume pedal all the way down. Very usefull for live performances, since you can check your tuning in a hurry inbetween every song.