Your Ad Could Be Here

Can Facebook Likes Have A Negative Impact?

I actually resent having a facebook account.  Peer (Sibling) pressure is why I relented and finally got one.  My Sisters constantly coerced and cagoled me into getting a facebook account so we could stay in touch more easily then phone/email etc.I get to look at what foods they are eating and they get the occasional blurb about what's new with me.

I also have to oversee my companies fb account which rarely gets any visitors even the staff.  Most of our users who want to discuss the product do so in our forums. 

Nonetheless I do Acknoledge my fellow song stuff members when they provide something of interest to me.  Like Tom or Jan.  Often times I'm jammed with content that I may only have a passing interest in like "Seymour Duncan pickups" as well as advertising for things I have no interest in while content provided by "friends" that does interest me seems to slip right past my fb.

• 5 months later...

Interesting. I recently set up a Facebook page for a venture I'm involved with. I remember questioning the validity buying likes...I put it in the same league as buying Soundcloud likes..... I didn't buy any likes. If they don't legitimately like my page I don't want them to click it.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing. I have about 300 likes on my FB music page, which I created about 2 months ago. Hopefully these likes are from people that are genuinely interested in keeping up with what I'm doing. FB certainly has it's place for growing a fan base, and I've gotten some very good engagements from my page. I think the key is to focus on organic growth, not the number of likes or "fans".

Unfortunately, some music festivals and other promoters/booking agents only look at the # of FB likes that your page has accumulated.

It's interesting. I've seen the vid before, and I follow up on a lot of info about techniques for advertising and promotion on all the social netowrks and across the different networks.

There is no doubt that Facebook advertisements can be detrimental for a number of reasons. Used correctly they can still be useful though... just not particularly for brand building.

• 11 months later...

Interesting. I recently set up a Facebook page for a venture I'm involved with. I remember questioning the validity buying likes...I put it in the same league as buying Soundcloud likes..... I didn't buy any likes. If they don't legitimately like my page I don't want them to click it.

Buying likes is not only a waste of money, it will also do nothing but hurt your pages reach.  If you are thinking about spending money to promote something or get more likes then you should do it through Facebook ads.  That way you can target people by location, age, gender and even relationship status if necessary.  Facebook ads can be a very effective way to advertise your music, or any other business for that matter.