we will not look back

we deserve it all with no regrets

we accept, falling in love, we fall, in love we will fall

we will

fall, we will fall and collide

together falling in love

as if for the very first time

By Michael Perry (rewritten 20104)

i like this poem. Its simple but it gets the message across. I would add an "And" to the 4th and last stanza, making it "And we will fall" itll add to the assertiveness youve already set up through out the poem. Also, is this meant to be a part of a song? Is that why certain stanzas repeat? IM interested to hear what kind of music you would put behind this.

Hi thefool

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I really appreciate it very much!!...about your idea of adding (and) to the 4th and last stanza?...I already have an (and) there?...

we will

fall, we will fall and collide

together falling in love

as if for the very first time

as far as whether this is for a song?...I originally wrote and published poetry...then I was told I should try my hand at writing lyrics...but it has been alot harder than I thought...where poetry is free form and easy going-lyric writing has very strict constraints...I have tried my hand at it...I have posted under the lyrics forum and members only forum...so the above is alittle bit of both....I wish I could find a collaborator...but I have been having a tough go of it....maybe with the next one I post, thanks for asking!...I really do appreciate you taking the time to comment...regards Mike

I meant at the beginning of the stanza, " And we/ will fall," it makes it sound a bit more assertive.

But keep up the good work. Everyone struggles when trying to switch from poetry to lyrics. I know I struggled alot when I started writing lyrics.

Hey thefool

Are you a poet/lyricist?...have you had collaborations? or music published?...what else can I do to make the leap? any time you want to collaborate, I would be open?..I have tons of lyrics/poems to be worked on for collaboration, let me know?...regards Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I do think you have written this well.

When you have tried to write lyrics - have you written to a piece of music?  I often do this and I find this helps me if I am writing lyrics from scratch.  I rarely write without music otherwise I tend to go off at a tangent  ;)

You should definitely give it another try  :) 

Jan

Hi Jan

Thanks for stopping by....everything I write or re-write I have pandora on playing in the background ( it helps me unwind and gives me inspiration as I am writing) still and all this was always a poem I had written....I just gave it a face lift with everything I have learned on this website...I have also written song lyrics...most recently "Addiction"  which I posted recently....I would appreciate your comments on this as well!...thanks Mike

Mike love is a great subject for poetry and you have used it well

john

Hi Jan

Thanks for stopping by....everything I write or re-write I have pandora on playing in the background ( it helps me unwind and gives me inspiration as I am writing) still and all this was always a poem I had written....I just gave it a face lift with everything I have learned on this website...I have also written song lyrics...most recently "Addiction"  which I posted recently....I would appreciate your comments on this as well!...thanks Mike

Hi Mike

I'm just here on the site briefly now, but I will check out the lyrics tomorrow  :)

Jan

Hey Les

Long time no hear my brother, how you doing?  so great to hear from you, I really appreciate you commenting, you are way too kind with your praise, my friend!!..again I am mediocre at best...I have hits and misses I am not consistent...I simply write what is in my head.....(good or bad) Take "Rearview" posted in Lyrics...no views?..thats what I mean......wish I learned to play an instrument when I had the chance, that would have given me a leg up and I would have been able to figure out my way on the road to collaboration...so as it stands I am still at square one...anyway, it only takes one song, or poem to hit the right chord with someone...so I will keep plugging along and see where it leads come hell or highwater...thanks for being a such a really good friend!!...with highest regards, Mike

Hi John

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate you stopping by, with every post, I certainly do try and give it my every and all!...regards Mike

Hi Jan

Thanks, yes if you could look at "Rearview" I posted the other day, I know it's wordy, but I believe it has some life with the right kind of musician/collaborater who looks at it...and says" this is what needs to be done to make it music ready"...I know in my heart that it could work as a song lyric, think, Bruno Mars, Maroon5, One Republic, The Fray...tell me..ok?...Thanks Mike

wow!! This is awesome, the message is simple but speaks volumes. Simple ideas often make for the best poems and songs in my opinion. Your poem flows very well, but I would like to hear it set to music. I think a simple piano or guitar riff would do the trick.

Mike, this is some real good writing dude. I really like the feel it gives. A top notch love poem if I've read one. Nice write man

• 1 month later...

Hey Kayleigh

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, so sorry for the late reply, I have several things going and totally overlooked your comments...my apologies...regards Mike.

Hey LG

Thanks to you as well, so sorry for the late reply...I really appreciate your review and comments as always!!...regards Mike

Archived