Your Ad Could Be Here

The Blue Side Band

Hello everyone,

This is a video we made a couple of weeks ago, performing three songs. The second song is being performed for the first time.

The Blue Side Band got together in 2010 and started to work on original material. The band members were coming from very different musical roots and we had to work quite a few to find our style.

Argiris

Edited by tunesmithth
  • Like 1

I won't be able to say anything fancy here but...

This is just fantastic

Really love the guitar work here - It's phenomenal and inspired, and the instrumentation is thrilling. It almost stings (In a good way of course)

The only thing I will say is that the vocals are, for me, forgettable. Nothing against the singer of course. It's just that the music is so sharp.

Is that you on lead guitar by the way?

• Like 1

Many thanks,

Yes I'm the one in the suit.

There is nothing wrong in saying your honest opinion. Thats the reason I put up this video. Feedback helps us become better. :)

Argiris

Edited by shelter

It does have a little Doors feel. You got a good thing going. Its all very original, none of the songs remind me of anything else. Really liked the texuring of the guitars. Good luck. I checked out your other video too. You definitely have your own sound. Good luck.

Thanks guys,

It’s flattering that you mention that it has a “Doors vibe†cause me and the singer/lyricist used to listen to the Doors a lot.

Though we never tried, not even at least, to copy their style cause I thought that the try wouldn’t have a positive result…

The Blue Side Band is a music collective where the Blues, western ballad, rock, jazz, classical music and ambient music film soundtracks get in a musical osmosis. So many things can happen cause every single composition or pre-recording song material may challenge you in a different way.

I am happy when I feel that a song finds its own way to sound as it should. When it does, I don’t care which way  it took. The problem is that sometimes you find yourself with material which has potential but it can’t work in a single musical project because there is always the aesthetic homogeneity matter.  So either you start a side project, or you end up with a closet full of songs!!! :) 

Edited by shelter

Hey Y'all,

Yea I don't think you copied the Doors but at times Y'all have that Dark Sound and Feel.

I Like it and I'm not a big Doors fan.

The Guitar work from both Guitarist is really clever and well fresh.

I wanted to ask are the Teles you guys play Twins? They look Identicle.

EJB

Yea I don't think you copied the Doors

I know, what I meant was that we are all influenced by what we like even just by hearing music and never played a tune. :thumbsup2:

The telecasters used to be twins (both C.A.R am.standards of 1997). Peter’s is almost in stock condition. He just added a kill switch and changed the knobs. Mine got some serious modifications and should be considered as a partcaster. I changed the neck with an allparts U-shape maple neck with 6100 frets, cream 5 point pickguard, new Joe Barden 3-brass saddle bridge and Bill Lawrence pickups.

The guitars geometry now is perfect for me, but it's almost like a fender Nocaster.

Edited by shelter