Your Ad Could Be Here

Melodic Illusion?

So I've done this many many time with Guitar Solos.

I am working on a new song and for fun thought I would put this Vocal part in to see how it sounded.

I find it really cool and interesting how a change of chords can affect a melody line.

http://www.broadjam.com/player/player.php?play_file=10035_645760

EJB

I'm too stupid to get the point you were making ;) but your post intrigued me so I listened... and all I can say is I really liked it. I like the way the repetitive soft melody contrasts the hard music... somehow gave it a northern UK sound I can identify with. It made me imagine more, if that makes sense.

Anyway I liked it so thought I'd say. Great guitar work by the way.

Dek

Thank You Dek, your opinion means a great deal to me.

The point I was trying to make is that the vocal part is a loop and as the chords change the Melody apperars to

change but doesn't it is still the same vocal part. (I hope I am making sense, I think I have myself confused).

EJB

Yea there is more, this is not how the song eventually will sound.

I was just experimenting. When I am done I'll post it up if it sounds good enough.

Also, I have a better example with Guitar but I don't have it finished.

Edited by EJB

• 1 month later...

Sorry I missed your reply EJB.

Ahhhhhh yes I get it!

That's a weird illusion. I'll have to try that idea sometime. I didn't get it first time because I thought the melody was actually changing.

Clever!