Your Ad Could Be Here

What Are You Learning?

I wrote a jazz fingerstyle guitar arrangement of "My Favorite Things" (from the sound of music)  Scoring was easy. Performing would be easy if I could get all the way through without looking at the sheet.

I found a quite wonderful transcription  for "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton it's a soloist arrangement the only problem is...It's in the wrong key..

Now that I'm back in the work saddle sometimes working 16 to 18 hours a day.I find that... Because I have less free time I use it more wisely. 

• 9 months later...

Teach me. That. Trick !! Time and wise, dont work in my melody!

Maybe when i grow up ? Lol

Rock on

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote a jazz fingerstyle guitar arrangement of "My Favorite Things" (from the sound of music)  Scoring was easy. Performing would be easy if I could get all the way through without looking at the sheet.

I found a quite wonderful transcription  for "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton it's a soloist arrangement the only problem is...It's in the wrong key..

Now that I'm back in the work saddle sometimes working 16 to 18 hours a day.I find that... Because I have less free time I use it more wisely. 

Im just glad you have work again. Great news Mike. :) As for finding time for music....

It just seems to happen anyway doesnt it? Playing is a lifelong habit.

That was last year. The bar closed. Right now I'm scraping by. On the positive side I can no longer afford cigarettes so I'm going through serious withdrawal.

• 8 months later...
On 04/04/2016 at 1:47 PM, Farah Khan said:

i am learning drum. its very good and unique practice for me

Glad its working for you.

I always think the heart, or most important part of a band, is the percussion.

I'm learning how to create/mix drums from scratch. I have to say, I don't like it!

Edited by Just1L

I'm learning easy piano pieces on the linnstrument.  For a time I'd watch a video of someone playing the piano and say to myself "That's cool" and then try to recreate it on the linn.  Problem was I'd never go back to it afterwards, it wouldn't be locked into my muscle memory.  Therefore enjoyable but not memorable.  Now I'm stepping back a bit and trying to build foundations for playing. Aside from route scales, arpeggios and chord cadences. I'm taking on songs as written rather then as improvised.

For instance. I'm learning Your Song by Elton John. I'm actually printing up the sheet and learning it from notation which is a more direct path on the linn then simply listening or watching via keyboard view.  My notation reading skills are coming around. Something I haven't done in ages.  I kind of feel like I'm making progress.  It's hard to judge when you have a certain level of skill on one instrument through decades of experience and then you have a ground up experience on a new instrument.