Your Ad Could Be Here

Welcome & Feel Free to Comment :)

AlvinCkHou

• Noob

Hi all songstuff community members, I'm Alvin here from Malaysia. I will like to share some lyrics with all the members here in order to improve my song writing skills. This lyric was written by myself, however my primary language is not English. Therefore, the lyrics that I've written are not in English as well. However if anyone of the community members here do know Chinese, feel free to comment on my lyrics.

It's my pleasure to meet all of you:)    

翻开回忆 歌词.pdf

Hi Alvin

Welcome to Songstuff!

We have rules and standards, my comments below are intended to help you get a good response to your critique request, and for you to get the most you can from our community.

A couple of things:

• This is the introduction board. Members expect to see introductions here. We have a lyrics critique board specifically for giving and getting critique. Please note the board has some rules (for example, one lyric per topic. A limit to one new lyric critique topic, per day, per member.) Additionally, you will be expected to take part. This means:
    • Reply to members who take the time to offer you feedback and discuss their comments and suggestions
    • Members expect you to critique the work of other members. It is part of the deal. If you are unwilling to comment on the work of others, why would they take time to look at your work? You may well initially get comments if you make no effort, but members do notice and comments will stop... So please, take part. Experience is not necessary, just let the members whose work you comment know that you are knew to this.
  • Our site is English language only... This is to have a standard that members can follow, and it allows our moderators (who live all over the world) to be able to moderate content... An impossible task if we had to allow all language. It is not prejudice, simply being realistic. As you write English well enough for your first post. 
    • This doesn't mean "don't post your songs". What it means is please post a translation, ideally as part of the text of the post, not a PDF. Many mobile phone users do not have a PDFs reader on their phone. Even if they do, it makes it more accessible. :)

• Noob

Hi John, 

My apologize as I do not know the rules here, however I'll try to take part in other members work as well. Thanks for your comment and suggestion, I will try to post a translation for my lyrics in order for the others to understand. 

No problem. We understand that new members won't know how our boards operate. I'd prefer to say and give you the best chance of getting review, than let you middle along wondering why you aren't getting comments :) In actual fact, you will get better, long term benefits as a writer, by performing critiques on other's works. There are a couple of articles you can read on Songstuff about exactly that, but in essence in reviewing you use all your writing skills of looking at works with a view to examine and improve them. Even better you don't have the personal attachment writers often have with their own work. This allows them to develop their writing skills without the limitations caused by that personal attachment (such as reluctance to change lines). It's amazing how much of a difference that makes!

enjoy the boards :)

• 1 month later...