Jump to content

Your Ad Could Be Here

Hospital....


Recommended Posts

Hi gang

 

A wee delay in changing the featured artist on the boards and publishing the newsletter... I'm in hospital with suspected appendicitis! I am so lucky! Thankfully I have an iPad to help me stay sane. Yesterday was a washout, but If I can update the site from here I will. I am fairly certain that some of what is needed is on my laptop, but we'll see.

 

With any luck I will be home later today... meanwhile, please entertain me with your favourite tracks! Extra points if any of those happen to be songs by another member of the community!

 

Cheers

 

John

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Editors

Hang in there bud. Good that you've your iPad for company! 

 

My favorite track at the moment is this Hideaway by Jacob Collier. Beautiful musician with everything performed by him. Dunno if you're into this, but I'm sure it'll be entertaining! 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw this singer at the tail end of the One Show last night. I'm usually not impressed, but I thought she was terriffic. This is not the song I heard (dunno what it was) but I've just discovered her name. Lianne La Havas.

 

 

 

Hope you get out of there soon all fit & healthy John.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Editors

Oh, this lady sure is great Rudi. Heard her couple months ago for the first time in the NPR Tiny Desk concert (which I highly highly recommend giving it a watch) 

 

Every song sounds so fresh. What a voice she has. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear of this John. I hope you're all up and feeling better soon!

 

Best wishes!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get well soon. Enjoy the meds!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Mahesh said:

Hang in there bud. Good that you've your iPad for company! 

 

My favorite track at the moment is this Hideaway by Jacob Collier. Beautiful musician with everything performed by him. Dunno if you're into this, but I'm sure it'll be entertaining! 

 

 

 

Nice track! I do like people with an original take on things. Thanks man!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rudi said:

I saw this singer at the tail end of the One Show last night. I'm usually not impressed, but I thought she was terriffic. This is not the song I heard (dunno what it was) but I've just discovered her name. Lianne La Havas.

 

 

 

Hope you get out of there soon all fit & healthy John.

 

Thanks Rudi. A different style, but with with enough elements that remind me of the Amy Winehouse appeal. This is little less commercial than Amy's mainstream stuff, but it's kind of in the ball park of songs with Amy playing guitar and singing in a stripped down solo or duet. Nice find

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mahesh said:

Oh, this lady sure is great Rudi. Heard her couple months ago for the first time in the NPR Tiny Desk concert (which I highly highly recommend giving it a watch) 

 

Every song sounds so fresh. What a voice she has. 

 

 

 

Definitely. More commercial appeal here and the Amy Winehouse comparison in feel is hard to avoid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Just1L said:

Get well soon. Enjoy the meds!

 

 

 

Ha! Ain't heard this for a while! Nice one, thanks Randy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not cool for the hospital, John:/... Best wishes to you!

 

Otherwise, I love so many bands and artists, so the choice is difficult... Here is song from a guy of soundcloud I listened many, many times... Hope you'll appreciate it;)...

 

edit: Oh and I add a song of the Guns since I finished recently a book about them;)... (love this opening)...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Matthew76
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, john said:

 

Nice track! I do like people with an original take on things. Thanks man!

Kitaro also does this, just no vocals. Idk about the viseo part, but he actually plays the instruments for Cirque Du Soleil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2016 at 1:27 PM, john said:

Hi gang

 

A wee delay in changing the featured artist on the boards and publishing the newsletter... I'm in hospital with suspected appendicitis! I am so lucky! Thankfully I have an iPad to help me stay sane. Yesterday was a washout, but If I can update the site from here I will. I am fairly certain that some of what is needed is on my laptop, but we'll see.

 

With any luck I will be home later today... meanwhile, please entertain me with your favourite tracks! Extra points if any of those happen to be songs by another member of the community!

 

Cheers

 

John

 

Hey John, I hope that the appendicitis is a misdiagnosis.  Hopefully, it's just trapped gas that flowing around the appendix.

In any case, get well, sir, and yes use your iPad to keep yourself occupied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Your Ad Could Be Here



  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $1,040
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By continuing to use our site you indicate acceptance of our Terms Of Service: Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy: Privacy Policy, our Community Guidelines: Guidelines and our use of Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.