Your Ad Could Be Here

People

• Noob

{verse 1}

I've reached my limit, I can't take it anymore. your words are no longer bullets and I've realized you're just insecure. I'm no longer your target, you can't walk on me at all, I let you in, you pushed me down, and left me here on the ground. 

{chorus}

so if this is what people are like I need to learn to walk away, cuz why should I have to hold on to something that just brings me pain? and if this is what people are like, it's hard to understand this place cuz inside of us there's no difference, all of us are truly the same. if this is what people are like I gotta control who I am cuz in the end my biggest enemy will always be the voice in my head.

Note: the song is far from finished but I would love critique on what I have so far (especially the verse!) 

"Something to seriously think about" (with regards to frankly-all such lyrics like this...) is that they very-easily devolve into a rant ... if not a whine.

Basically, in lyrics such as these, there are two parties: (1) "the jilted lover," and (2) "the jilter."  Which unfortunately leaves no place for the third party:  "the listener."  The guy or gal who you earnestly hope will buy a copy of your recording, and listen to it over-and-over again.

Strange as it may seem, a song like this i-s n-o-t(!) "autobiographical," even though it might use this point-of-view.  Whatever "the jilted" might say to "the jilter" must be ... a work of fiction to the songwriter, who is devising a fictional scenario that is engineered to "resonate" with the only "non-fictional" party in these contretemps:  the listener.  The potential buyer.

Archived