Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello everyone!

Priyan

Hello everyone,

I am Priyan from Bangalore, India.

I am a singer songwriter and have been writing and singing for a long time, but all behind closed doors :)

I hope to meet other musicians here to learn and share our craft which would enhance our creative process.

Looking forward to connect with you.

Thank you,

Priyan

• Like 1

Thank you, Tom :) 

Yes, in fact I watched Mahesh last night in Let's Talk Music Series- an online Live talk series. He talked about his journey and Songstuff and that is how I got here, not really a coincidence! :) 

Priyan

Edited by Priyan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, McnaughtonPark said:

Welcome 

Thank you, McnaughtonPark! :)

Now, this is a coincidence- my hometown happens to be Cochin! :) Cochin of the 80's and present day are two different planets! What was an idyllic small town has become a booming commercial metro.

My songs, some of them touch upon these mindless modernisation or the effect it has on us mortals. But nothing specifically about India. What kind of songs do you write?

Thank you for connecting.

Priyan

• Like 1

Do the fishermen still use the booms with the big fishing nets?  That was such a stark image.  I enjoyed some shopping there and have a few wooden items yet, and we made our way to an orphanage to do some volunteer work but my stay was brief and it was a long time ago.

i write simple songs, but I love folk music that tells a good story.

6 hours ago, Rudi said:

Welcome to SS Priyan

Thank you Rudi! :)

Just listened to your song 'Embarrassment'...and it's absolutely superb! As good as any song out there! 

I will listen to the rest of the tracks soon. Thank you for sharing your music.

Cheers!

Priyan

5 hours ago, john said:

Hi Priyan, welcome to Songstuff! :) good to have you aboard.

A great series of interviews by Prashant so far. I wasn't expecting Mahesh to mention Songstuff, or me! It was a nice surprise. :)

Thank you, John! :)

Oh yes, Mahesh mentioned you and Songstuff in his musical journey and I felt that was the most touching and inspiring part of his story. I am delighted to meet you in person (in cyberspace), so to speak! :) 

Yes, it's a wonderful ongoing series that Prashant is doing. Being a musician himself, the questions he puts across are just the stuff we would like to know from the artists. There is so much to learn from the talks, so inspiring...

Cheers!

Priyan

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Priyan said:

Thank you Rudi! :)

Just listened to your song 'Embarrassment'...and it's absolutely superb! As good as any song out there! 

I will listen to the rest of the tracks soon. Thank you for sharing your music.

Cheers!

Priyan

Priyan,

Well..... I can take no credit for 'Embarrassment'. Its a cover that my band does. Everything with a 'Blown Out' suffix is a cover song of the band. So are the ones with a number prefix eg '02-' Some of my own songs are there also at the end of the list.

Thanks for listening anyway.

Rudi

Edited by Rudi

3 hours ago, Rudi said:

Priyan,

Well..... I can take no credit for 'Embarrassment'. Its a cover that my band does. Everything with a 'Blown Out' suffix is a cover song of the band. So are the ones with a number prefix eg '02-' Some of my own songs are there also at the end of the list.

Thanks for listening anyway.

Rudi

It's all good, Rudi. Loved the band sound and the expressive vocals. 

Your own songs at the end has its own soul. Good work!

Cheers!

Priyan

16 hours ago, Priyan said:

Thank you, John! :)

Oh yes, Mahesh mentioned you and Songstuff in his musical journey and I felt that was the most touching and inspiring part of his story. I am delighted to meet you in person (in cyberspace), so to speak! :) 

Yes, it's a wonderful ongoing series that Prashant is doing. Being a musician himself, the questions he puts across are just the stuff we would like to know from the artists. There is so much to learn from the talks, so inspiring...

Cheers!

Priyan

Good stuff Priyan. I'm looking forward to hearing some of your songs. :)