Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey

• Noob

Hi, I'm RavenMan. I'm an amateur musician with a very wide range of interests (maybe too wide a range:mellow:), encompassing most rock and metal, as well as some hip hop and funk-influenced stuff.

I've been playing guitar for over a year, have tried my hand at writing guitar parts for some rock songs, and have published a couple electronic tracks under the alias of Mr. Corvus on SoundCloud and YouTube.

Not sure quite what I'm looking for on this forum, probably just advice and maybe some feedback on my projects.

Hey RavenMan welcome to SongStuff - just had a listen to some of your Mr Corvus stuff on SoundCloud - sounds like a nice start and could be something good with a bit of tweaking and some production.

If you're not sure what you are looking for, it would be better to have a look around and ask questions. Listen to some tracks the members are posting, read some lyrics and if possible post some comments.

Look forward to hearing some of your music.

• Noob
1 minute ago, Richard Tracey said:

Hey RavenMan welcome to SongStuff - just had a listen to some of your Mr Corvus stuff on SoundCloud - sounds like a nice start and could be something good with a bit of tweaking and some production.

If you're not sure what you are looking for, it would be better to have a look around and ask questions. Listen to some tracks the members are posting, read some lyrics and if possible post some comments.

Look forward to hearing some of your music.

Thanks, Richard.

I'll be sure to check around the forums further.

One thing I'm trying to do is to figure out, from my really broad range of interests, what kinds of music I want to put my effort into creating. I'm also trying to figure out what kind of music suits the lyrics I tend to write.

3 minutes ago, RavenMan said:

Thanks, Richard.

I'll be sure to check around the forums further.

One thing I'm trying to do is to figure out, from my really broad range of interests, what kinds of music I want to put my effort into creating. I'm also trying to figure out what kind of music suits the lyrics I tend to write.

'Post some lyrics for feedback - if you ask what kind of music would suit the words, you may get the desired response. As for what kind of music you want to do, you would be better sticking to what makes you comfortable, or go with what you like to listen to. If you go with what you like, then you are more likely to have an idea of what works.

• Noob
5 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

'Post some lyrics for feedback - if you ask what kind of music would suit the words, you may get the desired response. As for what kind of music you want to do, you would be better sticking to what makes you comfortable, or go with what you like to listen to. If you go with what you like, then you are more likely to have an idea of what works.

I'll be sure to do that. My lyrics tend to avoid so-called 'universal themes' (because they're not terribly universal to me), and are mostly derived from what I'm interested in outside of music.

Hi RavenMan

Welcome to the Songstuff forums.

I hope you enjoy being a member of our online community   :)

Janeva

Archived