Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey Everybody! My name's Caleb I just joined this so that I can talk about music with other like minded musicians since I live in a very small town and haven't really had the chance to meet many other musicians around here yet.

I'm 19 years old and I live in the town from Footloose, Literally I live in the town where Footloose is filmed and some of the people are as stingy as the movie shows to this day. Right now I am working on making music a career of mine. I'm looking to change the current popular culture with my music and clothing etc. and while it's a lofty goal I'm determined on reaching it no matter how much work it takes. Right now the main focus is making just a decent income off of music by doing small gigs $100 bucks a night and teaching guitar but still working on building that up.

I love 50s Music and Rockabilly, and am also incredibly fond of Classic Rock and 80s SynthPop. Heavily influenced by B. B. King, Santana, Eric Clapton, and Brian Setzer as far as guitar goes and when I play I suppose I sound like an odd mixture of them. I definitely wouldn't define my music as any current genre, probably something of it's own but I'm not sure, I suppose each of my tracks would fit into different genres.

On a personal level I'm crazy about astrology a lot of the time, I'm a Leo with a Scorpio Rising for those of you who talk the talk, and I've been running around in biker boots, a leather jacket, and a pompadour since I was about 16 years old, and I rock the look really well if I do say myself ;).

I'm looking for like minded musicians with a similar musical goal and I've been in and out of a couple of bands but haven't settled into anything serious yet. If you were to ask my friends to describe me that I would tell you that I was pretty intense a lot of the time but fun to be around I suppose. Yeah, I guess that about sums it up.

Looking forward to meeting you all and discussing musical aesthetics.

Adieu.

Welcome to the site Caleb. That's a nice mixture of musical taste for someone your age, you should fit in here nicely (especially the synthpop - that's my genre).

I saw myself in like, so much of your introduction.  Except for the intense part, I'm NEVER intense, and EVERYONE around here will vouch for me.  

raw

You said you like 80's synth pop, are you into Ultravox?  A member from this forum introduced me to them and they're my current flava.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Welcome to the site.

I had no idea Footloose was an actual place - cool!

Janeva

Hi Caleb. Welcome to Songstuff :)

Archived