Your Ad Could Be Here

All I Want For Christmas Is........

Hello everyone.

I was just thinking. It’s getting close that time of year again (the older I get, the closer it’s seems to get every year) and I thought I would ask all the members, what you would like for Xmas this year (not from me or SongStuff I might add). 

Now, we will keep it specific to music and keep it clean.

But if you were to get that one thing music related from Xmas, what would it be?

For me it would be the Omnisphere 2 synth plugin. This is like the holy grail of synth plugins, but is never reduced in price and I just can’t justify it to myself. So if I wanted anything for Xmas, it would be for my family to chip in together and buy it for me.

Now you........

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rob Ash said:

We had a hurricane here... Irma, if you all recall the name, that really tore hell out of our neighborhood. We live in central Florida, above Orlando, near Gainesville. Never thought we'd take the pounding we got.

We lost over a thousand dollars in fresh food and meat, and had to spend thousands more to survive the nearly ten days we went without power, access to gas, fresh water, and many other necessities. Just to keep our generator going, and gas in our cars, cost us almost 700 dollars. We often had to drive as much as 50 or 60 miles, then sit in line for hours, to get a half tank of gas, fill a literjon or two for the generator, or buy a case or two of bottled water. Everything we ate was restaurant food, because the grocery stores were either closed, or empty of almost everything. They lost all their fresh foods and meats, too. It's a small matter in the grand scheme, but it even cost us a few hundred dollars to refurbish our pool, which had become a chemistry experiment gone bad by the time we were able to address the problem.

To help defray costs our budget simply does not have the ability to absorb or defray, I had to sell my Jackson Soloist. For half of what it is worth.

A week ago, using money from a bonus my wife got on the job, I bought a new Schechter Demon 6 Pro. I won't go on about it, but it's a sweet axe. Easily far a more than an adequate replacement for my Soloist.

So, Christmas came a little early for me. There is nothing I can think of that I would have wanted more than this new guitar.

Cheers, all. I hope all my fellow SongStuff members gets exactly their heart's desire.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Rob - I am sorry to hear about what you and your family had to endure during that time and the cost to you, which was more than just money - having to sell a prized guitar would have been heartbreaking.

I am glad you managed to get a new guitar that you like, but it just goes to show that we should never take everything for granted and should live our lives to the fullest.

Thanks for that.

• Like 2

Damn, this made me think of last year's similar post. I don't think I actually wanted anything but I did get my wife and I Tom Petty/Joe Walsh tickets. Soooooooooooooo glad I did that. What a concert.  :(

This year though all I can think of so far is one of those electric tuners that clips on the end of the guitar. Just remembered, I got the $5.99 Garageband upgrade last year. Still trying to pay for that with my songs. LOL

Edited by Just1L
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Just1L said:

Hope the new ones last just as long … assuming you get them … assuming you've been good this year. 

Have I been good?

Actually I think I might have been; yes!

It wont cut any ice with that Claus character. I told him off once in Chichester in front of witnesses. I'm blacklisted man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want to know what I want for Christmas for Christmas.

I have no idea.  Time to do the downstairs bathroom which includes the time it takes to decide on what I want to do. 

Some warmer weather perhaps.

Ooh, some rum would be nice.  As long as I don't drink it before using the compound mitre saw I already got for Christmas so I could start installing the floor I haven't decided on for the downstairs bathroom that may just wait for sobering spring.

5 golden rings

As always, all I ever want is for the people I love to be happy.   

Merry Christmas

MP 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2018 at 7:25 PM, Steve said:

You old flatulent!

At least Peggys real. My heart broke when my snowwoman melted.

I had to shop in the snow today. One of my gloves got a bit wet.

I think I'll stay in now & wait for it to melt :001_tongue::001_cool: